Electrical 'pulsing' at startup.

Hello Everyone,

I've got an '06 Dodge Ram w/ Cummins engine.

When I start my truck and run it for the first few miles, the headlights seem to dim a bit, then go back to bright, and dim slightly, then bright, etc.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks.

Reply to
Giskard Reventlov

It is the heat grid that comes on during initial startup if cold..

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Everyone who drives a Cummins in sub-60°F weather. As Roy said, it's the intake grid heaters cycling (they draw around 100 amps or so), and it's perfectly normal. Nothing to worry about.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Naughty... naughty... you didn't read your owner's manual now did you?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

"Mike Simmons" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com: