electrical question

What happened to ya crotch cannibal??? I thought you'd be responding to dazzle us with all your electrical and mechanical knowledge. Guess the Idiot didn't like the slap on the ass and is having you perform. Well, when your mouth is m/t and you've cleaned up, gargled and all, get back to us.

Reply to
Roy

I'm sorry in all the years I have been working on cars, to including the creation and installation of competition stereo systmes, I have NEVER heard of a wire a "heavy" There are gauges, from 00 to 1/0, to

  1. So, what is it? Hell, tell me this, what size is the cabling in a set of jumper cables?
Reply to
azwiley1

When I set up my '77 D200 for my 'Superwench' S3500, I used 1/0 welding cable to feed the 175A disconnects at the front & rear. I didn't *need* to go that large but, the wire wasn't too expensive (at the time), and it's what the pins for the connectors would fit. At the same time, I installed dual Interstate Group 27 "Workaholic" batteries, with a solenoid between them. The solenoid is energized from the Accessory feed (de-energized during cranking). The winch is powered from the 2nd battery. Later, I fabricated a set of jumper cables from 1/0. The cables have a connector on one end that will plug into the 175A connector... I can jump-start someone from either end of my truck. Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

Hell what, you idiot? Mine are 4 AWG. You think they're all the same?

Excellent, but I think you lost punkin there. He installs car stereos.

Reply to
Beryl

*WOW* your replies are getting short! There were several points worthy of further discussion, where did everything go???

My first answer to Big Al wasn't "profound" enough for you. Why don't you elaborate on it a bit?

You probably, no, *definitely*, should comment on my assertion that connecting a 12V car battery to a 12V motorcycle might not be a good idea. Do you agree, or disagree, or have any thoughts at all? Tell us!

How about the parallel battery setup that I called a poor design, Dodge does that don't they? I haven't seen Dodge's dual battery setup personally, but I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned here. And I don't recall ever seeing any negative comments about it. If it's as I think it is, then I just called it LOUSY, and nobody wants to comment? What do you think about it, Skippy?

Reply to
Beryl

Apparently you don't understand the function of the relay in this circuit or how it works. When the truck is parked and the ignition is switched off, the batteries are isolated from each other preventing the vehicle battery from being discharged from electrical usage in the trailer. i.e., the relay is not energized, there is no direct positive cable connection between the two batteries.

Won't happen. The only time the two batteries are connected together is when the tow vehicle's engine is running via the now energized isolation relay, if the engine is running, the circuit voltage to both batteries is higher that the static open circuit voltage of the batteries, the batteries are now being charged, there is no "weaker" battery. Differences in internal resistance between the two batteries will cause the battery with lower resistance to draw more current, but that is the only difference.

The batteries -aren't- always tied together. the only time they are tied together is when the engine is running and they are being charged. You should endeavor to learn how a properly connected isolation relay works. (assuming that you can find time in between calling people names)

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Well, took ya some time to get cleaned up.

Still didn't answer the question.

Reply to
Roy

LOL!

Reply to
Beryl

There is no "this circuit".

Big Al described this: "You need to isolate the trailer battery while the truck is cranking."

And you're going on to describe something *entirely different* below.

Boo-hoo.

Reply to
Beryl

Sure there is. OEMs have been making them available for tears.

I don't really care how Big Al described it.

Nope, not entirely different. Just appears so to you because (as I said) you don't know what the circuit does or how it functions.

So true!

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Look, Neil, there was no "this", and now there's no "them". There are many circuits.

Then you don't care about what I replied to, because that's what I replied to.

"You need to isolate the trailer battery while the truck is cranking. Otherwise the trailer battery will try to help feed the starter. You can use a relay connected to the radio feed, the radio goes off when cranking." - Big Al

"When the truck is parked and the ignition is switched off, the batteries are isolated from each other preventing the vehicle battery from being discharged from electrical usage in the trailer. i.e., the relay is not energized, there is no direct positive cable connection between the two batteries." - Neil

Is the ignition switched off when cranking? Um, no, better not be. So then, you have the batteries connected while cranking, and Al has them isolated at the same time. Are you both talking about the same circuit?

You claimed that in "this circuit" the only time they are tied together is when the engine is running. But Al has them tied together whenever the radio will play. Is that the same thing?

You don't really care about what Big Al said, so you'll just ramble on about your circuit instead. Go ahead...

What's true to you, Neil?

Reply to
Beryl

WTF do ya want?? I just drove 1200+ miles in about 17 hours and I'm beat.

Reply to
Roy

You'll do anything to get the "machine" back won't ya........

Denny

Reply to
Denny

No, if I took it the wailing I'd here from you would be too much to bear. I also remember all the work you did to get it. Look how it kept you occupied this past week.

That damn car was fantastic on the drive both way's. It let's you move through traffic and change lanes instantly. Gotta love all the HP and instant response. A very comfortable car. Only problem with it is the crap in the cooling. Mike was going to look into it from his end. Oh, I warped a set of rotor's as well. Had to hit them hard at about 80mph a few times then I started to get the shimmy at high speed applications. But there is a tsb out on them. I guess they replace them with the slotted rotor's used on the

07's

Roy

Reply to
Roy

There are many thick headed people also, but this isn't about you or your minions.

That's quite the crystal ball you've got there.

Is the engine cranking when the ignition is switched on? Does the word "ignition" describe just a circuit? Does the word "ignition" describe a switch which has multiple positions and/or modes of operation? If the component in question is installed in a Diesel vehicle, must we now call it a 'compression switch' because Diesel engine don't have an ignition system?

If a thick headed person is shown to be wrong, does arguing semantics bolster his position?

I never said I would connect the relay to an ignition feed. I only described the state that a particular switch was positioned to.

What circuit? According to you, there is no circuit.

Can you think of a way one might have an advantage over the other?

"Ramble?" I would never entertain the thought of competing with you...

Are you having a problem following the attributes? (that's a question, not an answer)

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Had nothing to do with your "machine". I gotta tell you tho, the ole JD hasn't missed a beat so far. Everythings been running good so far, got about a hundred acres of beans to finnish up next week. Looking forward to a bit of a break.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of mpg you getting out on the highway??

A very comfortable car. Only problem with it is the crap

With getting your fat ass stopped from 80 mph I'm surprized it ain't got a drag chute on it.

Denny

But there is a tsb

Reply to
Denny

Good deal. Does "the machine{" fit on the JD?

At 70mph it will get a constant 20-21 mpg depending on grade. At 75-90+ it will drop to 17.5 I've never had less on the highway, remember it does not have the cyl cut out or whatever ya call it. What's nice is at those speeds it stops as fast as it goes. Those Brembo's are a good piece.

The question the begs to be asked is: Will your fat ass fit in the contoured seat? I'm sure there is no weight used on the JD.

Reply to
Roy

Not at all. Haven't even had the opportunity to try it since it's been on the east coast for a few years now.

That isn't bad for that kind of performance. My old big-block Camaro would get 14 on the highway if I kept it below 50. But it'd outrun your pos any day.. Notice I didn't say out-stop or out-handle...

Yes it will. I've got to put my fingerprints on a couple of them so far..

Guess again. Had to put fluid in the inside dual this spring and it still's running 7-8% slippage.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Stock out of the box, I've seen time slips that vary from 12.80 on up most are 12.9 low 13's. Having to do with driver, weather, elevation and so on. Top speed some have posted pic's and vid's of 165mph Not too shabby for a 4 door.Doubtful your Camaro could turn that. I know that the 69 I had could but it was far from stock. Glass nose, and stuff like that. Not a registered street car. Actually it was a cheater, was a 427. No way would it get to

165MPH with the rear gears.

I didn't say touch them! I said get your fat ass into the seat.

What happened ya go on a diet??

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Mine was a '67 with a 402. It'd run high 11's most of the time if I did my part. I had tags on mine just so I could put 50 miles a summer on it. Them was "fun" miles.

It'll fit just fine. A much looser fit for me than you if I might say..

Actually yes. I've managed to stay 195-198 for a year now. And I'm still as purdy as I ever was...

Denny

Reply to
Denny