electrical question

Page 4 of 4

I don't think so bimbo. You asked for my thoughts, I gave them. No matter how staunch of a democrat you are, it's still not my fault if you can't comprehend your own question.

Nothing threw me off sweetie, I've never had the occasion to connect a car battery to a motorcycle. Unlike your hero Snofart, I can't speak of that which I've never done. Thanks to my fine mechanical skills, all of the motorcycles I've owned never gave me cause to consider connecting one of them to a car battery.

What discharge problem is that? Nine years+ on the OEM batteries in my 97 CTD doesn't support your assertion. There is no perfect, there is no fool proof, stop looking for it. It's boring and it makes you look like a neurotic.
If you really need to know about batteries in parallel and discharge, try the library. if you're having *other* types of discharge problem, try a gynecologist.
If your compulsion regarding batteries in parallel is *that* overwhelming, try asking Snoclod how many batteries he uses in his plow trucks, what voltage they are and whether they're connected in series or parallel. For bonus points, ask him if and how they're isolated.
When you're done, wiggle your fat ass back into your cubicle and do the work that my welfare to work tax dollars are paying you to do.
NELL:

OK, buddy! I didn't realize that was already your best effort.

I finished your answer to the parallel battery question for you, NELL. So it changed to series, so what? You should have had a huge clue now.

The problem was, you couldn't grok the simple question. You blathered about the wrong thing, NELL! Now, like most dolts, you're left stymied by something a little different.

This is plain vanilla DC electricity, NELL. The 2nd answer /is/ non-obvious, but add a little insight to what you (should) know, and a skilled Car Electric Wiz like you ought to be capable of solving problems like this. Or at least making semi-plausible guesses. But you probably only measure things, right? The troubleshooting flowchart solves the problem from there.

You never had a dead motorcycle battery because of your fine mechanical skills, riiight. But if you do, I'm sure that a fine Car Electric Wiz like you will *really* charge that battery, NELL, you must be the best!

Only your observation of a pretty incredible pair of batteries, NELL. The parallel battery issue is about what could, might, sometimes will, etc.

Wowee, NELL, that's quite a philosophy. You are definitely *not* the Car Electric Wiz I would choose to do any work for me.

I'm sure not hounding you because I want to know anything about batteries!

Who cares, NELL? You are Car Electric Wiz, we should be hearing some pretty incredible answers from *you*.

Thanks, NELL! No cubicle, a loft. Hazy sky today, visibility is only about 10 miles.
--
This explains it ALL!!! He was home schooled and his mommy
made his GES diploma for him out of needle point, to go

Which only leaves an insane desire to prove that you're better than me. I'm flattered.

That settles that then... (I sure as hell don't, and I sure as hell don't need your approval)
punkinbread:

But mowingy already knows about the HD alternator, he doesn't have it, and it's kind of late to "opt" for it now. So what's your advice? Do you recommend that he go ahead and replace his?