electrical question

NELL:

OK, buddy! I didn't realize that was already your best effort.

I finished your answer to the parallel battery question for you, NELL. So it changed to series, so what? You should have had a huge clue now.

The problem was, you couldn't grok the simple question. You blathered about the wrong thing, NELL! Now, like most dolts, you're left stymied by something a little different.

This is plain vanilla DC electricity, NELL. The 2nd answer /is/ non-obvious, but add a little insight to what you (should) know, and a skilled Car Electric Wiz like you ought to be capable of solving problems like this. Or at least making semi-plausible guesses. But you probably only measure things, right? The troubleshooting flowchart solves the problem from there.

You never had a dead motorcycle battery because of your fine mechanical skills, riiight. But if you do, I'm sure that a fine Car Electric Wiz like you will *really* charge that battery, NELL, you must be the best!

Only your observation of a pretty incredible pair of batteries, NELL. The parallel battery issue is about what could, might, sometimes will, etc.

Wowee, NELL, that's quite a philosophy. You are definitely *not* the Car Electric Wiz I would choose to do any work for me.

I'm sure not hounding you because I want to know anything about batteries!

Who cares, NELL? You are Car Electric Wiz, we should be hearing some pretty incredible answers from *you*.

Thanks, NELL! No cubicle, a loft. Hazy sky today, visibility is only about 10 miles.

Reply to
Beryl

NELL:

I never said "more electrical power" came from the series connection. You asked about "a better way to supply the necessary amperage needed", NELL, "more electrical power" wasn't what we were talking about.

It means what it says, NELL.

Put two 6V batteries end to end, + to -, and that's a 12v battery, NELL.

Put two 12V batteries side by side, + to + and - to -, and that's also a

12V battery.

The difference?

End to end is terminated at each end! It's an open circuit.

But side by side is a loop, NELL, current can flow. When the two aren't perfectly matched, and they aren't, some current *will* flow. That's why the stronger battery becomes a charger for the weaker battery, and it goes on, and on, and on... But with any luck, it's a tiny trickle charge that you'll never notice.

Are you starting to get it now, NELL?

You don't know anything about parallel and series battery connections, and you're allegedly some electrical expert. This is amazing.

No kidding! Why are you checking irrelevant stuff, NELL?

Never heard of them? I guess Huckleberry's Car Skool didn't start you out with "Theory of Electricity" or anything like that, you just went straight to tools and how to read flowcharts.

No kidding!

That's the point. Each 2V cell occupies one big compartment. With 12v in parallel, each 2V "cell" is two little compartments.

I told you, and I just retold you. Will you ever stop guessing?

Nobody's going to touch wire gauge, NELL. It's just asking for ridicule for looking it up.

So you expect the 4 way flasher circuit to work without being designed to?

You asked about 4 way flashers, NELL! Remember? We're not redesigning for the batteries!

Silliness won't conceal your lack of knowledge, NELL.

I learn from wherever I can. I've had a couple Electrical/Electronics instructors who also learned a few things from me. I had one instructor who refused to tolerate a student speaking up when he gave the class wrong information, so I left.

Says the Car Electric Wiz.

Reply to
Beryl

Which only leaves an insane desire to prove that you're better than me. I'm flattered.

That settles that then... (I sure as hell don't, and I sure as hell don't need your approval)

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Sheryl, the fact that I dismiss your idiotic ideas as worthless is not proof or even a valid indication that I don't know anything about parallel and series battery connections. Your finger paintings were amusing little girl, but that's about all.

Reply to
Neil Nelson