emergency brake

failed inspection-my emergency brake did not hold strong enough-- I will take it in tomorrow-can it be adjusted-- or what Michael

I have a 99 4 cyl dodge caravan >-failed inspection-my emergency brake did not hold strong enough-- I will take it in tomorrow-can it be adjusted-- or what Michael

Sure... follow the cable from the rear back to the driver's compartment. You should find an adjuster - it's a couple of L-shaped brackets held together with a long threaded rod and a nut. Tighten this to tighten the e-brake cable. Don't over-tighten, or the brakes will drag. You just want all the slack taken out of the cable.
Auto parts places also sell a universal cable tightener for a few dollars... not the best thing to use, but if the stock adjuster is frozen up, it makes for a quick fix.
Of course, this is assuming it's just a loose cable, and not a bigger problem with the mechanism itself - pull the rears off and inspect the brakes if tightening the cable doesn't restore full functionality.
Thanks-just adjusted the emergency brake

I would first, adjust the rear brakes, on a 99 you probably still have drum brakes on on the rear. Mine is a 2000 and it has drum rear brakes. Just adjust them up until the wheel locks and then back off 8 clicks on each side.