Engine Oil

Which Oil Do Most People Prefer To Use And Why? Synthetic or Non Synthetic Just Trying To Find A Good Oil To Use In My 06 CTD Thanks

Reply to
brian

i use rotella in mine, its just what i've always used in the diesel powered tractors so when i bought to ctd it was on hand *shrug*

i know people who have used DELO haven't heard any complaints. and there will be people here on the synthetic side of things. any oil recommended for compression fire engines should be fine.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

First, I'd recommend an overhaul on your keyboard.... your caps lock key seems to be mis-firing.

As far as oil, I don't spend the extra money on synthetic, because it gets changed every 5,000 miles (I change it more frequently than suggested, due to a bunch of modifications that tend to dirty the oil up quicker). The most popular brands used are Shell Rotella, Chevron Delo 400, Mobil Delvac

1300, and Valvoline Premium Blue - all in 15W40. One's just as good as another in terms of performance. I used to run Rotella, but switched to Delvac due to the somewhat unpleasant odor of Rotella shortly after an oil change.
Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I like the oil that lubricates that is the kind I use and 115k with just oil and still going.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty