Engine sometimes stalls after starting -- can it be battery related

My truck did sometimes stall right after starting. The engine would start and then stop in 2-3 seconds. It would crank further, but would not fire. I had to "reboot" the truck by going to the battery,
disconnecting a disconnect that I installed a long time ago, and then reconnecting the battery. It would then start after some cranking.
After a while of doing such, I found out that another battery post (not the one with disconnect) had a poor connection: first the battery terminal connection was loose, and second, due to an extra cable (for an emergency inverter), the cable connection woould get extremely hot after cranking.
After correcting this, the engine does not seem to stall anymore, although it has been only 3 days.
My question is, could the above symptoms have been caused by a weak electrical connection of one terminal. Or am I fooling myself and only seeing a random "luck". The stalling occurred at random moments.

It sounds exactly like a bad connection causing your problems.

"Ignoramus15786" <ignoramus15786@NOSPAM.15786.invalid> wrote in message

Thank you TBone.

Could be a bad battery also. Mine was doing similar till i changed the battery
A failure of 2 cells (engine still cranks and runs) on most vehicles can cause a computer problem.
On Saturns, automatic transmissions will not shift.

It could be a bad battery but that problem would not correct itself just by removing and reconnecting connections.

"GeekBoy" < snipped-for-privacy@geek.com> wrote in message
If you have an anti-theft system, this may be caused by the computer not reading the key properly or not disabling the anti-theft system after the key is inserted.
I had this problem (runs only 2 seconds) on two separate occasions with my '04 Durango. I used the second key to start it. After that, it ran fine with either key. The dealer could not duplicate the problem and there were no codes stored in the computer.
Frank
in message