enough truck?

http://utilityoffroad.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID 85
im preparing to purchase a toy hauler and im wondering if i have enough truck to pull it (roughly 17000# fully loaded). possibly regear to 4.10s?

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

Nathan,
here are the links I told you about or at least a few of them.
here's the hobbie website, tag along toy haulers I was looking at the 260, a 30 foot tag with plenty of room for toys. gvr 8500 lbs
http://keystone-hobbi.com /
here's another by keystone rv the NRG gvr 10950lbs
http://keystone-nrg.com /
the keystone raptors heaviest model is a 5ver and has a gvwr of 15500
http://keyperformance-raptor.com /
coachmen has a few, the Adrenaline is nice and has several floor plans
http://coachmenrv.com/tow/adrenaline/floorplans.htm
Fleetwood has some too.. in fact they have 3 lines the GearBox, Nitrous Hyperlite, and RedLine
http://www.fleetwoodrv.com /
of this list personally I like the Keystone products best, my personal preference, and when I buy I'm looking seriously at the Keystone Montana for just a camper (5th wheel) and the Keystone Raptor (although extremely heavy its really nice). there are other manufacturers but these are the ones with local dealers in this area and are the ones I've looked at.
--
----------------------------
-Chris

or at least admit to it... *g*

Mac
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

So, what about it???
See what happens when you top post above your sig and I use a proper newsreader to reply? The original question and everything gets stripped away.
On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:28:47 -0600, "Nathan W. Collier"

Isn't max trailer rating on the Dodge 16,000 lbs?

17K will not break the bank and 4.10 is a very wise choice here but you will be flirting with CDL weight limits and when you run at 26K GCVW and above regularly you really should have more truck to do it with (more chassis, axle, brakes) to be albe to better handle the weight when things go less than perfect. This is more job for a GM 4500 or Ford F450 and above becaus they have much heavier chassis to better handle these loads because it takes more than just a motor to move a load. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

A F250 HD can handle more than the 450. Unless they made a typo on their web site.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply

I saw a F550 recently in Sacramento. Looked like a 350 or 450. Anyone think Dodge will come out with a heavier truck?

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:49:05 -0500, "GeekBoy"

Same basic body style on Fords. GM's use a completely different chassis and cab. Chysler was barred for making trucks over 1 ton as part of the government bailout deal in early 80's (it kept other makers happy) I have heard that they are going to try to get around that but so far nothing with Dodge name at this time. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Dodge does produce and has for years produced 4500 and 5500 models in mexico...........

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:35:11 -0400, "DonStaples"

Not for sale in US though just like other automaker have models in other countries too that are not for sale here. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:42:45 -0500, "GeekBoy"
Good luck on importing one though as it is not simply a buy it and bring it here. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Maybe they can. It's no longer Chrysler.. Its Daimler-Chrysler

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:43:52 -0500, "GeekBoy"

No, Dodge cannot because daimler is bound by it when they bought them. Daimer can sell there trucks but not Dodges in that weight class in US and they cannot simply put a Dailmer/Benz decal on a Dodge either. If it was that easy they would have done it. One of the reasons Dailmer bought Chysler was to gain better access to market for its own medium duty trucks, not to try to sell Dodge branded ones. THe US needs to waive Dodges restrictions for that to happen and Ido not see that happening anytime soon if ever. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
what kind of toy hauler are you getting? there are some really nice 5vers that should be under 15K loaded with your rhino and some other toys, I would guess (remember I'm guessing as I don't know exactly what your towing) I've been looking at campers and toy haulers myself. I can give you some links if you want to different floor plans I've looked at. both 5vers and tag along units.
--
-Chris