error code for 97 ram

Page 2 of 2
How quick you are to jump the gun, not surprising though.

"Max Dodge" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message

You were wrong. Why? because you decided that there was no other way it could be, as evidenced by your name calling and insistance:

If you had been a reasonable person, and said that the info you had differed from someone else's, you'd have had a shot a being right. But you didn't . You immediately noted that the oher person couldn't possible know enough ( e.g. "dumbfuck") and noted what you felt was correct, and distinctly used a negative (e.g. "not") to describe the scenario you felt was incorrect.
I told you that you did not have a command of the language, and you've proven it again.
Have a nice day.
--
Max

Actually, no I wasn't. The OP, while not naming the truck series, did say that he believed it had two sensors located on eater side of the converter and asked which one the error code was referring to. As for the name calling, that was once again and as usual, started by Gary. I did not "decide" it was the only way it could be done, I went by the OP's claims.

post
differed
Funny how you cut out the line that this was in response two where he said started by calling me this first and then said explicitly that the truck had two sensors, one on each side. Why is it that Gary can make these statements and even make them first and when I respond in kind, it is me that has the problem. Sorry Max, but as usual, you arguments are just spin and have no merit.

Which is exactly what your little buddy did first, imagine that. The difference is that the OP specifically mentioned that he believed that his truck had a pre and post sensor, not one on each side and in a pre / post setup, a failure of the pre sensor will put the computer into open loop mode.

Lookit that, THREE more times where you justify being an ass by pointing at someone else and saying, "but he did it tooo!!"
You've now proven my assertion that you never take personal responsibility for what you do.
--
Max

at
Actually, I flat out asked you why it was ok for him to do it but not me and as usual, you were unable to answer even simple question and instead, tried to spin it into something else. Talk about predictable.

LOL, only in Maxworld.

Why would I address Gary's actions with you? Predictable has nothing to do with it, placing responsibility with the person who IS responsible has everything to do with it.

Yeah, sorta like "only in Tbone world" where you don't have time to leap on my (hell, ANYONE'S) word in an effort to prove yourself superior. You got right on this one. So....
Have at it, I have a meeting tonight. I expect an answer in no more than 10 minutes, and please, make it as egotistical as possible while blaming everyone but yourself for your behavior. If I come back and you haven't jumped all over it, we'll know the reverse psychology is working. If you have jumped all over it, we'll know your in it just for the bullshit, like we said you were. Thanks for walking right into a catch-22, and have a nice night.
Max
Give a man a match, and he is warm for a short while. Light him on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Well, since he started it, that would make him responsible so I'll ask again, why is it ok for him and not me? Are you going to answer it this time or am I going to get more of this expected spin. Then again, there is always your deletion method.

on
LOL, think what you want, it really doesn't matter.

10
There is nothing to jump on. I blame no one for my behavior but do question why mine is the only one being questioned. Actually, we both know the answer to that one which does little for you credibility. This has probably taken less than 10 minutes because I am currently on my computer and just answered one of your lame posts a few minutes ago so it really wouldn't take much of a prediction to figure the timing out. As far as reverse psychology, in order for that to work, I would have to be concerned about what you think of me and I really don't so of course I'm in this thread now for the BS, just like you.

LOL, you thing a lot of yourself but I guess that is the only way for that to happen. Tell all of your buddies at AA that I said hi.

18 minutes. Not bad, but still late.
--
Max

I don't have any control over the speed the news servers post at

"Max Dodge" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
writes:

Code 21 is the generic keyswitch flash code while P0132 is the corresponding specific code. 21 is telling you have an O2 sensor problem, the P0132 tells you which one (Pre-Cat).
If you're the original owner of that '97 Ram and have never had the CAT replaced under the original FEDERALLY MANDATED 8-yr/80,000 mile Federal Emissions Warranty, then most likely it needs to be replaced (in addition to replacing the pre-cat O2 sensor).
I honestly believe every catalytic convertor on every single '96 and '97 RAM 1500 failed (rotted/rusted out usually) long before 80k miles but sadly not many owners were aware of the federal 8/80 emissions warranty so most either ate the cost or never replaced them until they had to when the truck failed an emissions test somewhere. Mine went at 58k miles and the dealership replaced the CAT along with the Y-Pipe under the emissions warranty. They didn't do the work at the dealership, but rather sublet it to an independent muffler shop.
Mine bombed out at 79,800 and started to rattle. I was real lucky that it started making noise when it did or I would have been paying out the big bucks. I brought the truck in for the hood latch recall and asked then to check it for me and they replaced it on the spot. I was surprised and impressed and if I still lived in NJ, that is where I would be buying my next car.

< snipped-for-privacy@dodgecity.cc> wrote in message
Yeah, rattling is a classic symptom of a bad CAT, expecially in reverse and backing at slow speed, but not many realize it. Everyone just thinks "something's loose" but when they look under the truck there's nothing obvious unless you happen to kick the CAT. Glad to hear you got your's replaced under warranty.