Exhaust Headers

Page 2 of 2
Max Dodge wrote:

Cut the geeky online shit-talk and send me some money for headers and dyno time. We'll see what a 99 magnum 5.2 can do.
JS
Take a read of DevilBrad.com and find out.
--
Max

i don't want to get into the middle of this, but common sense says that snoman couldn't be completely correct about much of anything.
tom, just saying, i wouldn't want to be hitchin my wagon to snoman.

True. But back pressure is NOT what changes the timing of the release of heat energy from the cylinder, as you claimed previously. That is cam timing on the exhaust valve, and headers will NOT change that.
Secondly, its LONG been proven that the back pressure myth is... a MYTH. True, less back pressure will scavenge the cylinder better, and may have an effect on FI applicatins due to sensors, but the truck in question should have no problem.

True... IF the O2 sensors are not properly reinstalled. If the O2 sensors are put in the proper place on a set of headers purchased for the vehicle in question, the loss of low end torque, if any, will be negligable. What will kill low end power, more than anything on an FI 318, is too large a throttle body.

Sage advice for your own statements. Most of what I've seen you post is absolute trash. Anyone who blindly believes that a gasoline engine is superior to a diesel for moving loads has too much to learn about IC engines to be lecturing anyone on this message board in regard to thermodynamics of IC engines. Further, if you still belive the crap about back pressure, given the advanced research and developement done on today's exhaust systems, you are truly lacking in your own learning.
--
Max