factory oil pressure gauge faulty?

in my 2003 dodge van 2500 the gauge after running for a couple of minutes the alarm sounds to check gauges and the oil pressure gauge flutuates. Can any one tell me? Is installing a mechanically one a good idea? can you tell me how? thanks

Reply to
dafulmonty

Yes, factory gauges are not very good quality. They are not all that accurate, and they die frequently. Get an aftermarket gauge from your local supplier. I prefer electric - I don't like oil lines in to the cab. I prefer Autometer gauges. The supplied directions are pretty easy to follow.

Reply to
.boB