factory oil pressure gauge faulty?

in my 2003 dodge van 2500 the gauge after running for a couple of minutes the alarm sounds to check gauges and the oil pressure gauge flutuates. Can
any one tell me? Is installing a mechanically one a good idea? can you tell me how? thanks
dafulmonty wrote:

Yes, factory gauges are not very good quality. They are not all that accurate, and they die frequently. Get an aftermarket gauge from your local supplier. I prefer electric - I don't like oil lines in to the cab. I prefer Autometer gauges. The supplied directions are pretty easy to follow.
--
.boB
Arrived: 2006 FXDI, Red.