Fading paint on some panels

I have a 95 Ram SLT Emerald Green with a badly faded driver's door lower panel, hood, and top. The other panels are fine. The truck has 62,000 miles and I am the original owner. I have been reading many web sites where Chrysler has paid for all/or part of repainting. Is there a low stress tactic to use when approaching a dealer about this? Thanks

Reply to
Nick C Topolos

Nick,

Pardon me for not having positive advice, but isn't 12 years a bit much to expect from a domestic manufacturer's paint job (or anybody's, for that matter)? You're right -- the paint quality in that era (at least) wasn't so hot, but I can't imagine you'll get much more than a blank stare from someone at the dealer. I'm assuming that since your hood and roof are toast, it hasn't been bottled up in a garage for the last decade....so don't worry about any stress at the dealer -- they'll think it's a joke.

Jon

Nick C T> I have a 95 Ram SLT Emerald Green with a badly faded driver's door lower

Reply to
Jon