Fan Clutch Help?

How do you change a fan clutch on a 2001 Ram 2500? I know it's left hand thread but I don't want to destroy anything getting it off..Any Help? Thanks

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:42:13 -0600, "Marty Stewartson"

If it dont not wooble and the bearing in it ar good, you might just tweak it as it is mormal for the bimetal coil that controls them to age and when it does it raises the engagement temp and can make it seem inoperative. The silicone in them does not wear out and if the bearing are tight and it is not leaking, all you need to do is tweak it. (see below)
http://forum.snoman.com/viewtopic.php?ty ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

use a 36 mm fan wrench and a rubber mallet. a few good whacks and it should come right off.
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 21:27:37 -0400, "Chris Thompson"

You need to hold the pump pulley still while doing this too. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
Thanks for all the help..Marty

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:01:34 -0600, "Marty Stewartson"

Try a a heavy strap wrench wrapped around pully. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

Did you leave the serpentine belt on? That's usually enough. Also, I saw you make a mention of left-hand threads. You don't say what engine you have, but unless you have a diesel, the threads are RIGHT-HAND.

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:41:26 -0600, "Marty Stewartson"

Buy or rent a HD Strap Wrench to hold pully in place. (it cams a heavy belt tight around pully with a attached handle to hold pully in place.) I would not bet the farm on the serpentine bely holding it. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

SnoTurd, You are such a piece of crap. Sending those threats to my email account.
-=- This message was sent via two or more anonymous remailing services.
On 25 Jul 2006 20:18:26 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@See.Comment.Header (~KRiP) wrote:

I have sent no threats to anyones Email and never would but if you want to spead lies, knock yourself out. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

Even I didn't buy that one.