Finally got the truck back

$1136 to get it completely rebuilt.

It seems there was a lot of heat generated, somehow, inside the unit which caused some mechanical damage inside. I still have the parts. (in case someone wants to see picts)

The DTT torque converted suffered mechanical damage also where it connects to the shaft of the transmission, the geared teeth inside.

I am not too pleased with the rebuilt one. Maybe because of the OEM torque converter put in it. The transmission just does not have the grab it used to have to. I could really take off fast in the truck before, now that is diminish quite a bit and it's a bit jerky. Maybe because that will go away. Guess I will save some money up for a new DTT torque converter.

GB

Reply to
GeekBoy

Did they return the bad converter to you?

Reply to
TBone

No..I will pick it up tomorrow though I did look at it. They wanted a core deposit on it soI will go ahead and pay it torrow and get it back. I try to send it back to DTT for rebuild.

Reply to
GeekBoy