fix for stripped caliper bolts Dakota

While doing the brakes on a 2001 Dakota 4x4 I found that one of the bolts that hold the caliper was stripped. Apparently this is a problem with this model and maybe others. After drilling and tapping it out and
putting in a helicoil, I found that NAPA sells a oversized bolt that will cut its own threads also. They are a little expensive, but well worth the $20 each.
Hope this helps
Hank <~~~likes new ideas
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The header for the topic will make it easier to search the archives, for those smart enough to do that first.
again, glad you got'r fixed.
~:~ MarshMonster ~:~