Flicker Engine Light Ram 1500

I saw this posted earlier but did not see a solution. My 2003 ram 1500 Hemi has had a flickering engine light. It flickers now and aqain for no apparent reason. It statered flicker about 6 months ago. I took it in for service but they could not find anything wrong. A month later it went continuous and they replaced some lines on the gas tank. I Drove it off and the light started the flickering again. Took it back and they could find anything wrong. Two days ago became constant again and the problem they say was a faulty leak detector. Drove it off and the engine light started flickering again. Its back in the shop and I'm getting pissed. I think the Dodge shop is just repairing what they THINK is the problem and just clearing the code. Any ideas.

Reply to
Art

Something is faulting intermittantly, First thing to do here is to get out of the dark and read what is going on. Go to a Advanced Auto or the like and they can code read your truck for free and see what the errors are so that you have some first hand knowledge in your pocket when you go to dealer as to what may actually be wrong.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Yep - or he can do it himself by cycling the ignition switch three times and reading the codes on the odometer. It'll save him a trip...

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

yes but will he try to sell himself the parts to fix it?

Reply to
Chris Thompson