Ford Explorer fuel filter

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer and when I tried to change the fuel filter it wouldn't come off after I took the clips off. I didn't want to use too much force so as to hurt something. Is there a trick to this that I don't know??? I pulled the inertia switch and started the engine until it quit to relieve the fuel pressure. Thanks

Reply to
DHUNTINDADDY

You need a fuel line disconnect tool. Go to your local auto parts place, and look for this set:

Tom Lawrence

Stick a rag in the gas tank and light it. That'll fix any FORD problem.

Joe Schmuck