Ford Explorer fuel filter

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer and when I tried to change the fuel filter it wouldn't come off after I took the clips off. I didn't want to use too much force so as to hurt something. Is there a trick to this that I don't
know??? I pulled the inertia switch and started the engine until it quit to relieve the fuel pressure. Thanks

You need a fuel line disconnect tool. Go to your local auto parts place, and look for this set: http://www.toolsource.com/ost/product.asp?sourceid=googlelisle&dept%5FidP0&pf%5Fidg980&mscssid=CPAPA40MVB199G9M57PWGHVU39QD8C87
Stick a rag in the gas tank and light it. That'll fix any FORD problem.

don't