Friday fuel line, saturday furnace

Page 1 of 3
Another look into my life. As if I'm not busy enough trying to get my 87 dodge van running. ====================== A couple weeks ago, a firned of mine had a kitten which fell into the
heater duct. She called the fire department, who came out and took the duct apart. And left it in pieces. I got to put it back together. Fortuately, I do some heating work, and had all the tools needed.
Well, she called again. Thinks a different cat went downt he duct (from second floor bathroom, no less). I'm out the door to rescue the cat. ths time without fail we screw some covers over the duct, to cover the vent. Or maybe staple some screen or something like that.
=====================Figuring this was another one of the same, I took apart the same duct I'd put back together the last time. No signs of cat, in the seven inch round duct. I followed that back to the furnace, there was a patch piece of metal over where there used to be a humidifier. So, I started to take that apart. I looked in as best possible, no cat. Went out to the truck and got my miror, and used that to look into the heat exchanger, and back through the duct. No cat.
Gwen asked if the cat might be in the heater. Not likely, but I did pull the cover panel off. No cat by the burners. I pulled the lower panel, which exposed the circuit board, and the blower fan. Look in with my mini mag, and surprise!
Cat looking back at me.... and blast, I didn't have my camera with me. That was a total Kodak moment.
I talked to the cat for a moment, and Gwen came over. She was pleased the cat was still alive. She reached in, and pulled the cat out. They went upstairs to get the cat a drink of water, and some to eat.
I put the furnace covers back on, and also the duct back together. I'd brought some screen wire to staple over the vents. And screwed shut a part of the vent that was open, in the back. Hope not to do this again.

<snip>
Moral of the story, Cats do make good targets!!
Denny
don't say that. (even tho true).
the pc crowd will come down on you.

But we need something to argue about this weekend. Ole Roy slipped up and didn't get us a weekend thread this week.
Denny

Hey, I figured that we needed a break after all the Budd crap.That and my friggin shoulder is sore after that BS. Friggin doc says they will give you a shot of novicane for the surface, then another further in towards the joint, then we will put in the solution. BS, all three in 1minute. No time for anything to work. Sure it was numb after but not during. And when it wore off, WOW! Can't imagine how I'll feel when they really get into it next month. I want all the perc's.<G>
Roy

Poor baby..... Go take a drive with them seat heaters on high and chill yourself.... <BG>
How about them Buckeyes... That was a helluva game. I think if Michigan woulda had one more possesion they would have won it.
Denny

that really was a great game. lived up to all the hype. that was what college football is all about. would have liked to have seen michigan take it, but as you said, it was a helluva game.

What do you think of the chances of a rematch for the championship game??? I think it would be a good thing no matter what the computer says. The number one team against a number two team whose only loss was against the number one. If that makes any sense anyway....
Denny
Remidns me of my last dentist.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 04:38:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net wrote:

I'll send him a box of bees!
beekeep

Geeeesh, you and those bees! Glad I didn't injure my prick! <VBG>

Well, with a throttle body spacer, impact wrench, and a couple cheater bars, we could have Roy's shoulder fixed up in a couple minutes.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

With a 9 mm wrench and a two foot pipe, we could really break your.... oh, nevermind.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

I don't know how hard it is to fix, but it has taken forever to get to the point of fixing it. I've been out of work since mid September. Went to pt two and three times a week since then to no avail. Now 3 months after the injury they decide, well, yup, ya need surgery. WTF didn't they do the scan in September?? It is so mf'ing frustrating, I can walk, go anywhere but when I get to wherever I'm going I can't do a friggin thing, the shoulder and arm are about useless. Heck, I can't go to the range to shoot, So, I clean the guns a lot. Had to have friends do every repair on the house, Sue cut's the grass, rakes the yard. Hell, she put the blade on the truck. I've had a investigator sneaking around to make sure I'm not fakeing a injury, what a friggin'pia. Friday the doc say's okay "you have a problem in that shoulder". No shit?? What a big friggin' surprise!! Can't schedule you for a operation until the 19th of Dec. Then you have to do pt for a couple of months. Full recovery about 2+1/2 to 3+ months. So long about March-April I should be able to go back to work. Unreal!

At this point I'm in for anything.<G>
Roy wrote:

Welcome to my world Roy. I feel for ya buddy. I really really hope the surgery helps you. But the 8 that I've had only made things worse. Mine was an on the job injury too. And what is annoying as hell is how long it takes to get anything done. Just like you are finding out. Mine was a career ending injury. I was a 19 year veteran police officer. Forced to take disability retirement 6 months before normal retirement at 20 years. It sucks royally. I lost my 01 Ram in the process from lost income. But hey this isn't about me. I am pulling for ya. But I'm still trying to warn ya. Don't get your hopes up too high. I still hurt like hell everyday. If there's one thing I've learned in all this is that the doctors really don't know crap.
Bob

disability income in govt service sux. people think that it is some sort of a gold mine but the reality is that is isn't. it hurts.
hope it is working out for you now and everything is going ok.

I should be able to get back to work. All I have to do worse case is work one day in April and retire.
Roy