Front seals leaking 96 Dodge 2500 4x4

I replaced both U-joints on the front end of my Dodge. I followed the steps that I found on this back in Sept. The results were great as far as getting the old hubs and spindles out. The problem is that when I put them back in I must have tore the seals in the pig assembly. Can anyone tell me where the seals are located and how to get them out.

Reply to
littleflipper

Ouch... the passenger-side axle seal can be replaced through the CAD opening, but the driver's side requires removing the whole differential, as the seal is located in the axle tube close to the differential housing. Aside from removing the differential, a special puller tool is needed to install the new seals.

I'm afraid this is a pretty involved job. Are you sure the seals are leaking, and it's not just axle lube that spilled over the seals into the axle tubes while you had the axles out?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I'm not for sure if I hurt the seal or not but I noticed on the left side that some liquid has trailed back down the caliper and on the tire. I smelled the liquid and it smelled like 90 weight. Both sides had liquid trail but the right side has not been noticed lately. Thanks for your help

Reply to
littleflipper