Front Speaker Problem

My front speakers in my 1999 SLT have quit working. Is there an amplifier or connection common to only the front speakers? I replaced the stereo so I know the problem is not there. Both front door speakers and the small speakers near the winshield have quit working. Connector to the back of radio is in great condition and fits snugly. any help would be appreciated. rbari at sbcglobal.net

Reply to
Joe E. Blow

There is (should be) an amp on each of your front speakers. Did they work before you installed the new stereo? If they did, then you need to pull out the new one and make sure that you hooked up the blue wire on the new one. This is your remote amp turn on and with out this hooked up your fronts will not work.

Reply to
azwiley1

Reply to
Joe E. Blow

This isn't a schematic but it may help.

is one amp mounted on each of the front door speakers.

Reply to
Nosey

Reply to
Joe E. Blow