Front Speaker Problem

My front speakers in my 1999 SLT have quit working. Is there an amplifier or connection common to only the front speakers? I replaced the stereo so I know the problem is not there. Both front door
speakers and the small speakers near the winshield have quit working. Connector to the back of radio is in great condition and fits snugly. any help would be appreciated. rbari at sbcglobal.net
There is (should be) an amp on each of your front speakers. Did they work before you installed the new stereo? If they did, then you need to pull out the new one and make sure that you hooked up the blue wire on the new one. This is your remote amp turn on and with out this hooked up your fronts will not work.

I have reinstalled the factory radio. The front speakers do not work If there is a seperate amplifier then where would it be. I have not taken the inside front door trim off yet in search of an amplifier. Also is there anywhere that I can get a wiring diagram in PDF format?

Joe E. Blow wrote:

This isn't a schematic but it may help. http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/DCP-Wiring.pdf There is one amp mounted on each of the front door speakers.
--
Ken

Thanks a lot guys, Tomorrow I'll tear the door off and see what's attached to the speakers.... On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 04:04:03 GMT, "Nosey"