fuel filter change on 2001 24 valve

how do i go about changing the fuel filter on my 01 24 valve cummins? do i need to adjust my valves?

Unscrew the canister lid, remove lid with filter, remove filter and O-ring from lid, replace with new, screw back into canister.
Bump ignition switch to 'START' momentarily, to activate lift pump. It will run for about 30 seconds. Do it again, then start the truck.

Possibly, but not as a result of changing the fuel filter. On an '01, the valves should be adjusted at 100K.
i dont need to fill the canister up with fuel first to prime it? i also heard it that way to . thanks for your help
horselover wrote:

Filling the canister with fuel before installing it will make it easier to start the engine. For more info on changing your fuel filter see: http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/filter/00fuel_filter.htm
--
Ken

You won't be draining the canister, so it will still be mostly full of fuel. Running the lift pump for two cycles before starting will re-fill the canister, and purge out any air.