Fuel Filter Location

I have a 94 Ram 1500 regular cab long bed pickup. I want to change the filter and test the fuel pump. I have been told that they are just in front of the tank. I have followed the fuel line from the motor to the tank and can't find either. Nobody would be dumb enough to put the filter and pump above the tank, would they?

thanks,

Mark

Reply to
MarkInNC

Billy

Wow, In the tank, that sounds easy to get at. I have an issue where the truck starts sputtering, (backfireing through the throttle body), after running fine for a half hour or more. I figure I have a fuel delivery problem, clogged filter or bad pump, or a computer chip going south. I was going to replace the filter and the pump but wow, in the tank, that would turn out to be quite a task.

Mark

Reply to
MarkInNC

Go out on the highway and floor it. If it has a fuel delivery problem it should quit after a short while. This is not the best test, but if the pump is not able to keep up or the filter is clogged you should have a problem at wide open throttle. Did you have the computer scanned for trouble codes?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Have your local muffler shop check your exhaust system backpressure in front of the catalytic converter. It almost sounds to me like a converter starting to plug up.

Reply to
Tom & Debbie Heintz

please restate the question?

Reply to