Fuel Injector question

I have a '02 Quadcab 2500 w/Cummins 5.9. AEM Brute Force intake, aftermarket 4-inch exhaust w/o cat, and the Superchips Max 3705 programmer (works pretty good I guess).

I want to put a larger set of (RV type?) fuel injectors in. Does the PCM need to be flashed back to stock? Does it matter? How does the system know that the injectors are not stock?

For those of you that have installed different injectors, do you get better fuel economy? I don't tow very much right now, I'm just looking for more MPG. Stock PCM, without the programmer, I get from 16 to 18 MPG. With the programmer, I get 18 to 20 MPG. In the winter I was getting around 22 MPG, but winter didn't last too long...

TIA

Reply to
Eddie

When you have a chance, go over to

and do a search. Formula One (F1) has a pretty good reputation for aftermarket tips, you send them your injectors, they test, repair if necessary and replace the tips.

Join the Forum (free) and you get to ask questions of all the CTD folks there.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB