Fuel Injectors

I have a 1996 Ram 1500, 318, auto, 4X2 with very high mileage, 268,000. It runs very good, however I was wondering if it might be time to replace the
fuel injectors, just as a precaution. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Also does anyone know of a place to get the best price on a new set. Thanks David

I don't disagree with "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" thinking. However, I don't understand the Pandora's box reference. Replacing the injectors, seems fairly straight forward and I can't see any negative results from replacing them, except the cost. It has a new fuel pump about a year ago, I rebuilt the heads and put in a new oil pump at 248K, so far so good, I guess I am just curious about why you think that.

The Pandora's box reference comes to play if the injectors don't come out so easy and something breaks during the removal.
"DMSO" <D_Saint snipped-for-privacy@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
That makes sense, Thanks