Fuel tank capacity of 95 Dodge 2500 diesel pu

Fuel gauge is erratic,when the gauge is on E,I'll fill up and only take

7,maybe 8 gallons of fuel.thanks
Reply to
P J

I'll trade 'ya! Mine's empty when it shows half a tank.

Reply to
BigIronRam

Oops, you asked about capacity? 35 Gallons

Reply to
BigIronRam

And have you noticed tha tyou can't fill up anymore? Stupid pump stops at $75 which is half a tank! WTF: they *want* me to go to the station down the street for the second half? (Just a PITA, you can swipe the card twice.)

Reply to
PeterD

That's odd, I've always been able to take two swipes at it. Most places here have a $100.00 limit per transaction, but when I was in West Texas (Monahans) last month I ran into a $50.00 limit, really sucked, I had to take three swipes that time.

My '96 had an Aero replacement tank cut down to ~ 55 gallon capacity and had a 38 gallon aft axle tank from Transfer flow. $200.00 fillups were not uncommon. I've moved the 38 gallon tank to my "new" '01 truck but haven't moved the Aero tank due to additional interference from the six speed, transfer case and GearVendors. So I'm limping along with just 73 gallons capacity. Since fuel has gotten so high it doesn't seem quite so bad losing the other 20 gallons on a fillup.

Reply to
BigIronRam

When it is 10 below, the wind is blowing, getting that card out for a second pass is a real PITA!

Seems everywhere around here it is $75. I'd barf if I hit a $50 one!

Humm, a decent cruising range!

Reply to
PeterD

It's well beyond the wife's bladder range ;-)

Reply to
BigIronRam

There's a fix for that... Not Dodge, however: Take a Hummer H1, remove one of the two rear seats and put in a bathroom! Works well!

Reply to
PeterD

around here it was a 50 buck limit for a long time. when fuel prices shot up then leveled off after hurricane katrina most stations bumped that to

75.00. on my diesel i make it a point to stop at stations where they sell fuel to trucks. they don't do pull that when dealing with a dirt hauler or road tractor. recently i had three trucks out on a job that all needed fuel. we stopped and filled one up and then i reswiped the card for the second truck. when i swiped the card for the third truck the pump bowed up and wouldn't accept the card. i switched to another card and it took it just fine. michael
Reply to
nunya

on a trip to kolo"rad"o a couple of years ago i filled up with fuel just east of denver and pointed the truck toward the house. i was fairly dehydrated from skiing all day and not drinking much. the ol lady was tired and fell asleep immediately. since it is downhill all the way to kansas and we seemed to have a tail wind i managed to drive 645 miles before our next stop. that is my personal record. normally we have to stop every quarter tank in the diesel for a bladder break and every half tank in the gas burners. michael

Reply to
nunya