Fusible Links/Circuit Breakers

89 Dakota 4 cyl. After turning the key with no start, I tried a few times when with the last, everything went dead. In ACC postion not even the dash indicator
lights work. Any idea what I blew? The fuses in the box under the dash look ok. When fusible links go bad is it always obvious or can the wire split inside the insulation? The Haynes manual says there may be circuit breakers, but doesn't give details. Anyone know about that?
TIA

Good to know. I'll try that. Thanks very much!