FYI...Full Size Door Weatherstripping

Well folks, I'm always poor so I buy most parts from the wrecking yard. I needed weatherstripping for the doors on my 77 dodge truck. I came upon a wrecked GM (I think it was Pontiac) late model (2000+) minivan that had these beautiful door seals that had the metal built in to them? You know, the ones with the spring steel that grabs the crimped edge around the cab opening? Hence, you slam the door onto the weatherstripping. You don't install the weatherstripping on the door. Well, they looked so big that I figured I could install them and just cut out the leftover portion and use a little gasket sealer. Here's your FYI........They fit perfectly. I've never owned a truck that had a nicer, tighter seal. Total was $10 for the pair and took 15 minutes to install for both doors. This did get me to thinking though. I'm wondering if full size vehicles have to have a specific size opening by law.... Otherwise, why would GM fit Dodge exactly. It makes no sense; but it sure made my day!

Good Luck!

Reply to
dumbneasy