Gas prices coming on down!

Page 2 of 2
On 9/11/06 6:23 AM, in article wycNg.17862$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews8.bellsouth.net,

Here is in North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada. There's a provincial tax of 3 per litre + federal tax of 10 per litre and then a 6% gst. We are about 50 miles away from oil wells. Your are right, they love to tax us. Canada's population is just over 32 million,(1.3 million are natives, they don't pay tax) We need more people

Here's some info from Statscan Canada is both an exporter and an importer of crude oil. Canadian companies exported about 63% of our 2005 domestic production, the vast majority of which went to the United States, according to a new report. Can- ada supplied almost 10% of American crude oil needs in 2005. Domestic crude accounts for only about 45% of Canada's oil consumption. Imports represented the remaining 55%, mostly coming from either North Sea countries or the Middle East. Imported oil feeds refineries mostly in Eastern Canada. (STATSCAN)
Most likely Canada, about $0.87/litre here ... only road tax, gst (6%) & pst (7%) ... nothing else, so around $3 US per US gallon, was $0.995 a week or so ago ...
Carolina Watercraft Works wrote:

$2.91 a gallon in Southern Oregon. They say it is still higher here because we get some of our oil from Alaska. When Katrina hit, our gas prices skyrocketed, and they said it was because none of our oil came from Alaska. Go figure. HD

IHHO, 2.49 a gallon isn't cheap, it's just less of a ripoff than $3.25 a gallon..
Down to $2.85 - $2.99 here in central CA and they say it's because sales are down, especially for the Labor Day weekend... Way under projected use.... Maybe if you guys would all quit driving for a while, I could afford gas here!
(It's a little over $1.00 a gallon cheaper in Baja, after the liter/peso conversion)
Mac
Whenever I hear the news report the highest price for gas is in Hawaii (this morning they report 3.19/gal for 87) I wonder if they've ever been to the California Central Coast - area between Lompoc and San Luis Obispo. I paid 3.29 yesterday for 87 and was glad for it.

Don't get to comfortable with the lower gas prices,they may come down a little more before election day ,but watch what happens to them starting November 8,the day after elections. I say we have to vote out all incumbents,none of them are worth what we pay them.

That's the only good thing about government, Dick.. we don't get as much of it as we pay for... Mac