Gas Smell

Well, this past week I have been smelling the odor of gas especially after fill up. I could not see anything checked all the obvious stuff. Today I was crawling under the Ram and found some staining near the top of the tank.

I got a mirror and much to my surprise there was gas sitting on the top of the fuel pump. It appeared to be coming out from under the pressure regulator. Well, dropped the tank and yep the gasket was bad.

Now one would think you would be able to buy just the parts you need to rebuild it that is a big nope. Went down to the parts place and ordered one $230.00 all said and done. They did not have one but it will be hear tomorrow at 11am.

I stop by the dealer and they have one on the shelf for $490.00, I can wait a day. Just for giggles I asked how much if they did the job they told me $850.00, I said thank you and went on my merry way.

Reply to
Coasty