Gas to Diesel changeover....

Nope. it's a piece by piece type deal...

In the spirit of Christmas holidays........ GFY!!!

Doing good. She stayed a one of the grandkids house last night, going to my brothers house for lunch and my place for supper. She's gonna be one tired old woman by the time she gets home tonight.

I can't hardly wait to get all this decoration stuff put away. My garage is a fricken disaster area. Hell, I can't even see my reloading desk..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Gee a little truth and ya lash out.

Good that she's out and about.

Yup, this is one holiday that really turns the house upside down. But damn it's fun!!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

And as usual, you have no counterpoint to the facts I present. It fascinates me that you can make the claims you do with no supporting evidence.

Sadly, you haven't a clue. Its not a lame insult Tbone, its the truth. My mechanical background would make you look silly, and my acedemic background would shatter your sheltered world. If you truly think you can run circles around me, then start posting info OTHER than what you've read in technical bulletins.

Anyone that changes from gasoline to diesel knows that the work is worth it. Ever driven one of these trucks long term? If not, its time to stifle yourself.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Sorry Max, but the counter point has already been made and made by many including myself but you already knew that and once again, resort to lame spin to boost your failing argument. The true facts are that if you really think that all that is involved is replacing the front wiring harness and a set of springs then you don't know WTF you are talking about.

The truth according to you which to most here, is just more of your delusions and your posts here so far just back me up.

Funny how you accuse me of having no counter point and then post this. You keep bragging Max but you have yet anything to show for it, in here anyways. I find that those who brag the most tend to have the least to offer. Lets here about your mechanical background and exactly what acedemic degree you currently have?

Most of what I post here doesn't come from technical bulletins but even if that were true, it is still far more than you ever provide.

LOL, we are not talking about the positives of diesel over gasoline here, we are talking the advantages of converting an existing truck over just buying the damn thing. Now if you are talking about peope that converted a modern gas powered truck to a diesel, then name three.

Once again Max, and as usual, you have no clue. I you insist on remaining an asshole, even during the holiday season, have at it but I really don't have the time to waste on you. If you have something valid to offer or say, I would be glad to continue but otherwise, you will just be talking to yourself.

Reply to
TBone

this one is just too easy. if a person is going to brag about their academic accomplishments mybe they should learn to spell the word first... michael

"the hiding behind the big dodge truck trouble maker..."

Reply to
nunya

This is just too easy as well. If one is going to complain about anothers spelling, maybe they should learn to spell "maybe"

Reply to
Roy

i am not saying that this job can't be done. i just think that unless a man was unemployed that his time could be better spent building something more unique.

when i estimate a half day for the battery deal i am assuming that there will be at least one if not two trips to the parts store to make this happen. espcially if the donor truck was a wreck. some stuff will be bent, maybe have a cable that was pinched and needs to be replaced. probably need to replace at least one of the battery cable ends if not both. going to at least have to go pick up the second battery. of course i would stop and get a cup of coffee on the way and when i got to the parts store the guys would have to ask how the project is going, how is the ol lady, etc. that blows an hour of my day. i run a business for a living. estimating time is the difference between making a good living and going looking for a job working for the man. if you underestimate your time on every job then you go broke. if you come out with a little extra on every job then you make a living.

remove battery tray & cables from donor. (without further damage) 30 minutes trip to parts store to get everything else for job.

45 minutes straighten bent parts (might as well paint the rusty tray) 20 minutes fit and install in recipient truck 1 hour drink coffee and yabber with wife on phone about useless crap 15 minutes

o.k. just shy of three hours now that i actually bothered to figure it. i might get it done in under two but maybe doesn't pay the light bill, or the tax man, or make payroll on friday.

but don't think i am a playa hater here. i don't even hate the game. i have grand plans to shoehorn one of the hemis i have laying around the shop into my '72 dart some day. of course i know that some day will have to be when i have a month of spare time on my hands. (more like a year) because once i decide to get that deep into the dart the entire power train will have to be replaced. since i will be replacing the power train i might as well paint the thing while it is apart. heck, since we are painting and wrenching it would be a shame to not redo the interior. i know how projects turn out.

i ususally take a full year to restore a motorcycle. of course my projects are done as time permits around work and life. but tear down, mock up, tear down again, paint and powder coat, and final assembly does take some time. if i full timed it i would budget a month to restore just a bike. of course i do the full deal myself including paint work. michael

Reply to
nunya

busted by the man. of course i didn't brag about being an academic either. i is just a hillbilly from da mountains of north georgia. spelling isn't near as important around here as football. michael

Reply to
nunya

And, of course, if one is going to criticize another's grammar, one should know that the phrase "another's spelling" is possessive, and therefore requires an apostrophe.

But you're right... few things are funnier than watching someone who has to stoop to correcting someone's grammar or spelling, and then watch said person fall flat on their face by making a similar error. That gets the big old "Nelson from the Simpsons" point-and-laugh... HAH-hah!

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Or buy a news program that has spell check?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Possessive my ass!! I don't want it! I'm not being possessive at all, you can have it.

Reply to
Roy

Maybe I shoulda learned to type first.

But I didn't.

In the meantime, you have what for degrees? Hey, if you want to play "I have a bigger dick", get that lame c*ck out and swing it, d*****ad.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Which may explain a number of things, Mike.

Reply to
Max Dodge

with all the top posting, lack of snipping the posts folks are responding to, and general poor netiquitte i am a little confused. was this directed at me or someone else. all i have done is try to debate the topic from the OP without letting feelings get in the way or getting personal with anyone. if this was directed at me then tell me how any degree other than maybe mechanical engineering would be relevant to this discussion.

i am not going to stoop down to profane insults in an attempt to prove a level of education or the merits of any type of mechanical project. from my experience in school the above response hovers somewhere around the 7th grade playground level of education. michael

Reply to
nunya

so move the reloading stuff inside the house proper. a mans gotta have priorities. at my house we can junk up any area except the reloading bench. poor housekeeping habits in this area can lead to problems. michael

Reply to
nunya

I'd love to but my daughter and 4 yr old granddaughter are living with us for the time being. While the grandcritter is around, my gun stuff is better off in "my" garage. Not to worry, it's heated...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

mine actually lives in the basement which is temperature controlled also. i have a keyed entry door lock on the basement door just in case we have company with kids. i can lock everyone out of the basement for safety. michael

p.s. here is my bench...

nunya

I know what you mean - that's how I work on my house. I can plan well for vehicle repairs though. Maybe it's because I like working on vehicles, but don't enjoy working on my house that much, but I haven't had to go to the autoparts store more than once for any given repair in the last 5-8 years. However, to change a simple faucet...

Reply to
Ed H.

Or yourself in, right? BTDT...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Looks like you can have alot of fun in your little corner.. Most of my equipment is Lee. Seems to work good for me and it's not real expensive. I shoot mostly handgun so have loaded all pistol ammo till now. I just got the dies for .223 and .220 Swift. I'm sure there is a learning curve that I'm gonna go thru...

Denny

Reply to
Denny