Gas to Diesel changeover....

Rule of my house...... All home repair projects need four trips to Lowe's to finish....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Sorta like your 7th grade jab at my spelling. BTW, note that I quoted you, that makes it easy to figure out to whom it was directed.

Reply to
Max Dodge

that would be a good idea at times but i have a large hammer that i call the universal key when i get frustrated. michael

Reply to
nunya

Denny, i still have a lot of lee equipment. my first press and most of my early loading was done with their equipment. it does as good of a job as most until you start looking at higher production rates or shooting bench rest rifle competition where things start getting measured in the thousandths.

aare you loading .223 for a turn bolt or a repeater? 220 swift is one of my more favorite cartridges. michael

Reply to
nunya

No, I meant on purpose.. to escape grand kids, honeydo's, etc...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

my wife and i never were able to have kids so their is very seldom any children to hide from. at one point we thought this was a curse but we have in later years decided that not haveing to go through some of the things we have seen our friends go through makes the no children thing a blessing. i teach boyscouts thus i get to interact with kids but when it comes time to spend money on them or they cause trouble i get to hand them back to their parents. win/win for me.

my wife is good about giving me enough time to be me and seldom hammers me with honeydo's. so hiding from her is what work is for. once work is over i am happy to be home and in her company. she seldom messes with me when i go to the basement though. that is my kingdom and i get to rule over it. i wear the pants in my house! (of course the ol lady washes them, lays them out for me in the morning and tells me how to put them on...)

actually as long as i keep her harleys running well and take an occasional road trip with her she is the easiest to maintain woman i have ever met. life is good on the ponderosa. michael

Reply to
nunya

As long as I can peg a groundhog out to about 300-350 yds I'm happy.

The .223 will be for my AR15. Most of my shooting with that is my three gun matches where 100yd will be about the longest shot. I'll be shooting fmj only at this time.

I'm gonna try Varget in the swift to start out. We'll see how it goes and try something different if I have to. I'm shooting 55gr Nosler out of a Ruger 77 mk 2. What powder do you use???

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Ah, the dark side. Ya gotta like those plastic weapons.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

And I'm really thinking of getting another one before the Demos get elected. I'm guessing the next ban will make the Clinton ban look like a piece of cake..

Look at what's happening to the price of ammo and reloading supplies. If they can't ban the firearm they'll make it too expensive to shoot it.

That should get a good arguement started..........

Denny

Reply to
Denny

That's one of the reason's I kept all but 2 of mine.

I also brought along a couple of cases's of American Eagle with me for the black one. We both have our FL CCW permits, a few hoops to jump through but pretty quick process. Now I'm licensed in a very conservative and a very liberal state. Who woulda thought.

Hey!! How's your daughter doing? I know she out shoots you. Is she still at it?

Yup, it should. Do you really think Huckabuck has any real chance?? Believe me you don't want mitty.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

We are fair weather shooters up here. We don't like to get our fingers cold......

She's not bad with a pistol and will only get better if she'd practice more. But she has a 4 yr old that takes up a bunch of her time.

Don't piss her off with an iron sighted rifle..... She's good... But I can still take her with a scope.

My gut feeling is that Obama charactor is gonna win it. I don't know what to believe. I've read that he's a Muslim, won't salute the flag ect. Even at that he'd have to be better than another Clinton. I'm registered as a Republican but I don't think any of them will make it.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I can't find anything that I don't like about Ron Paul. Why is he so far behind?

Reply to
Nosey

Better than Clinton by a slim margin. Edwards is even worse. The Reps don't have anyone worth a damn. Guess the vote for the best of the worst is on par with most elections.

Reply to
miles

Sad, but true.

Reply to
Ed H.

Bunch of wimps!

Ya you can take her with a scope if she's useing iron sights.

I don't see Obama doing it. Although it would seem that folks want change and he has draped change all over himself. Once they really start to peel away at Obama I think you will see his support shift away somewhat. Clinton will pick up the older vote in the states to come. Her husband, like him or hate him is real good at foreign relations, we sorely need sombody to undo some of the mess gb has created. I think a lot of folks are sorta looking at two for the price of one that clinton brings. But who know's they all pretty much suck imo.

I honestly don't see a repub pulling it off. No matter who wins.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

ron paul may well become the ross perot of the 2008 election. he is wayyy too far to the right to ever get elected on a national platform. his views are solid enough to even get a john bircher all giddy. because of this he won't appeal to the left or moderates.

here is what i see happening. the rebulican party nomination will go to huckabee or romney. hillary is going to come out hard against obama and the smear is going to leave him vulnerable allowing my worst nightmare, john edwards to steal the nomination. he will be pressured to select hillary as a running mate due to her financial campaign assests. he will be scared of her and waffle back and forth between her and obama. hillary gets him the womens vote and obama the black vote. how that plays is a toss up.

if he choses hillary they will win and after a couple of years she will hire a hitman to kill him and take the oval office by default. i really think she is that mean. if he choses obama he will be safe.

when it goes to the general election it will be the republicans agains the democrats and if the republican candidate has any chance at all then ron paul will jump in as an independent and split the conservative vote and give the democrats a shoe in.

those are my preseason predictions. am in the recliner with a big bowl of popcorn and a glass of ice tea waiting to see how it all plays out. michael

Reply to
nunya

Mostly because of excessive Internet Usenet spam, spray painting his name on buildings and other objects, and other bad things he does.

Reply to
PeterD

Ross Perot scared me. I liked his ideas but he wasn't political enough. He wanted the government to run like a profitable business at all costs. I was afraid he'd get some other country or activist group pissed at us and we'd end up going to war over something stupid. Oops.

What things do the left and moderates not like about him?

The women's vote at the Iowa caucus went to Obama with 35%. Clinton got 30% and Edwards got 23%. Ironically, the women's vote could make Obama attractive to Edwards as a running mate. I don't think Clinton would entertain the V.P. nomination anyway.

You think Ron Paul would do that to the Republicans? I know he's not strictly loyal to the Republican party but I doubt he'd intentionally take votes away from them.

I think the election race will look very different by November. About this time in 2004 Howard Dean looked very competitive. I'll make my predictions after the nominations.

Reply to
Nosey

Usenet spam? I don't see it unless you think that me asking about him being left in the dust is spam. I didn't know he was a graffiti artist. Maybe that's why he wants to secure our borders. He'd have a 1,500 mile long wall he could paint his name on. What "other bad things" does he do?

Reply to
Nosey

yeah, it is really too early to call anything but it is fun to try. michael

Reply to
nunya