Gas to Diesel changeover....

Page 6 of 7

And as usual, you have no counterpoint to the facts I present. It fascinates me that you can make the claims you do with no supporting evidence.

Sadly, you haven't a clue. Its not a lame insult Tbone, its the truth. My mechanical background would make you look silly, and my acedemic background would shatter your sheltered world. If you truly think you can run circles around me, then start posting info OTHER than what you've read in technical bulletins.

Anyone that changes from gasoline to diesel knows that the work is worth it. Ever driven one of these trucks long term? If not, its time to stifle yourself.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

Sorry Max, but the counter point has already been made and made by many including myself but you already knew that and once again, resort to lame spin to boost your failing argument. The true facts are that if you really think that all that is involved is replacing the front wiring harness and a set of springs then you don't know WTF you are talking about.

The truth according to you which to most here, is just more of your delusions and your posts here so far just back me up.

Funny how you accuse me of having no counter point and then post this. You keep bragging Max but you have yet anything to show for it, in here anyways. I find that those who brag the most tend to have the least to offer. Lets here about your mechanical background and exactly what acedemic degree you currently have?

Most of what I post here doesn't come from technical bulletins but even if that were true, it is still far more than you ever provide.

LOL, we are not talking about the positives of diesel over gasoline here, we are talking the advantages of converting an existing truck over just buying the damn thing. Now if you are talking about peope that converted a modern gas powered truck to a diesel, then name three.

Once again Max, and as usual, you have no clue. I you insist on remaining an asshole, even during the holiday season, have at it but I really don't have the time to waste on you. If you have something valid to offer or say, I would be glad to continue but otherwise, you will just be talking to yourself.

<snip>

this one is just too easy. if a person is going to brag about their academic accomplishments mybe they should learn to spell the word first... michael
"the hiding behind the big dodge truck trouble maker..."

This is just too easy as well. If one is going to complain about anothers spelling, maybe they should learn to spell "maybe"

busted by the man. of course i didn't brag about being an academic either. i is just a hillbilly from da mountains of north georgia. spelling isn't near as important around here as football. michael

And, of course, if one is going to criticize another's grammar, one should know that the phrase "another's spelling" is possessive, and therefore requires an apostrophe. <VBG>
But you're right... few things are funnier than watching someone who has to stoop to correcting someone's grammar or spelling, and then watch said person fall flat on their face by making a similar error. That gets the big old "Nelson from the Simpsons" point-and-laugh... HAH-hah!

Possessive my ass!! I don't want it! I'm not being possessive at all, you can have it.
<BFG>

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Which may explain a number of things, Mike.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own
Maybe I shoulda learned to type first.
But I didn't.
In the meantime, you have what for degrees? Hey, if you want to play "I have a bigger dick", get that lame cock out and swing it, dickhead.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

with all the top posting, lack of snipping the posts folks are responding to, and general poor netiquitte i am a little confused. was this directed at me or someone else. all i have done is try to debate the topic from the OP without letting feelings get in the way or getting personal with anyone. if this was directed at me then tell me how any degree other than maybe mechanical engineering would be relevant to this discussion.
i am not going to stoop down to profane insults in an attempt to prove a level of education or the merits of any type of mechanical project. from my experience in school the above response hovers somewhere around the 7th grade playground level of education. michael

Sorta like your 7th grade jab at my spelling. BTW, note that I quoted you, that makes it easy to figure out to whom it was directed.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

Not sure where you got your time from but alldatapro calls for a retail time for r&r of 14.8 hrs including transfer of parts. It doesn't give the warrenty time but you can bet your sweet ass it's less than half of that.
Denny
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:14:23 -0500, Denny wrote:

LMAO i thought i was the only tech to ever notice that one....
--
Chris

30 miles or 30 min..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Edit to my last post. I didn't add on the other stuff...
Complete Assembly With Transfer Of Parts B 0.0 14.8 Notes Includes: Transfer All Fuel And Electrical Units. Does Not Include Transfer Of Optional Equipment.
NOTE With Skid Plate, Add B 0.0 0.5 Notes With Auto Trans, Add B 0.0 1.4 Notes With PS, Add B 0.0 0.4 Notes With Manual Trans, Add B 0.0 2.4 Notes With AC, Add B 0.0 0.6 Notes
It still don't come close to 40 hours tho. I wish I could go by your books at work.. <BG>
Denny
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:20:59 -0500, Denny wrote:

If we had his book to go by at 5 star, i'd still be there doing engine work!
--
Chris

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 20:59:51 +0000, Max Dodge wrote:

I'm sorry but short of a full rebuild i find it hard to believe book time to Remove & Replace a engine assembly to be 40 hours. somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 i might buy.
--
Chris

Yup, I do. Laz and a few of his friends should have this up in running in a few good week ends. If they have the know how.

A few weekends with friends, Tom.

A Cummins conversion? None. A Cummins r&r 1, A friend melted a piston. Took us 3 days. no lift.

See Tom, you truly don't get it. For the same reason some change the intake and cam in their trucks, why some put on a bottle, why some use a aftermarket trans, why some change the rear gears. For the same reason I'm hunting down a weber carb and headers for the 81 CJ I'm playing with. Because I want to and because I can!! I guess I'll just stay dumb and happy.

Key word, unless.
.Then it will just become a waste of time and money and in many cases,

Based on your experience I'm sure.

Htf do you know what he thinks?? You don't.
>and to not just jump into it with his head

More of your experience?

Not trying to do anybody any favors Tom, just pointing out that it is doable if one knows what they are doing.
HHmm....More than enough tools to accomplish the task. Fllor stands, floor jacks, both metric and SAE, my hoist is a 3000 pound forklift. Time...I have plenty of. Found one donor for $2500...but looking for one that is newer. I have the knowledge, the desire and the ability to make it happen. Just trying to see if anyone had some useable input rather than "nah....you'd be better off yadda yadda blah blah...." TBone...please STFU already with your negative input. It appears you don't receive any satisfaction from doing something someone else hasn't really done. People with little more negative to say are annoying as heck. I'm sure you wouldn't oblidge my request...but I'll give it a shot. TBone...would you please stay out of this thread?
Laszlo Almasi