gear position indicator movement

2004 CTD 6 Speed. Ever since I bought this truck the gear shift pattern on the top of the gear shifter is slowly turning in a clockwise direction,. It
takes approximately 10k miles to make a complete circle. The knob is not loose, it does not seem as if the shifter shaft is loose. Anyone else having this problem, or know of a solution? Thanks in advance
--
Joe

My 92 does the same thing. My 04 six speed doesn't yet:) On the 92, if I put mild pressure on the insert and twist it will slowly turn back. And, it twists even if I don't drive the truck, I thought vibration was causing it ,but it temperature. Cycling from hot to cold and back to hot turns it.
Al
"" wrote:
> > > 2004 CTD 6 Speed. Ever since I bought this truck the gear > shift pattern on > > the top of the gear shifter is slowly turning in a clockwise > direction,. > > It takes approximately 10k miles to make a complete circle. > The knob is > > not loose, it does not seem as if the shifter shaft is > loose. Anyone else > > having this problem, or know of a solution? > > Thanks in advance > > > > -- > > Joe > > My 92 does the same thing. My 04 six speed doesn't yet:) On > the 92, if I put > mild pressure on the insert and twist it will slowly turn > back. And, it > twists even if I don't drive the truck, I thought vibration > was causing it > ,but it temperature. Cycling from hot to cold and back to hot > turns it. > > Al
is it the whole shift knob, or is it one where theres a little metal decal in the center? either way you could just get a new shift knob ($3-$50 depending on how nice), or you can pull up the little metal one and get some epoxy.
I am unsure just exactly what is rotating. I need to put a mark on the shaft and the knob itself to see if/what is rotating

http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-gear-position-indicator-movement-ftopict140420.html