General Tires

Its bout time for a new set of tires on the Ram. Looked at some General Grabber AT2. They look pretty good. Has anyone else ran General tires on there Ram or Dakota. If so, how good were they?

Thanks

Reply to
brian

Also how about Dayton Timberline AT's? Anygood?

Reply to
brian

It's not really what you're asking about, but I prefer BF Goodrich tires for their long tread life and puncture resistance. I have their All Terrain T/A on my Dodge (2nd set, almost ready for a 3rd, plus 3 sets on my old Toyota) and Mud Terrain T/A on my Scout. I get 50K+ miles per set, great traction, and very few flats as compared to other tires I've had.

Reply to
Ed H.

I like the BF Goodrich All Terrian tires. They look good and last. Do you know the price range for a 31-10.50-15? Thanks

Reply to
brian

BFG's have a thicker sidewall too if you plan to play in the bush some. I never had much luck with General OEM tires and they seem to go bad (out of round or wear funny from bad belts) before tire comes close to wearing out.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Brian,

I run LT285-75R-16's on my '01 ram quad cab...They are BFG, but they are the Mud Terrain T/A. These were about $210.00...A freind of mine purchased the 31-10.50-15's at Costco for his Dakota for about $128.00 apiece. Check out

and click on the "tire" link and look them up...Just a thought

Charlie '01 ram 1500 Quad 4x4 The OC

Reply to
cjc1200