GIANT'S WIN

One HELLUVA game!

Reply to
John Corliss

i thought david slew the giant a few thousand years ago? what season is it? soccer or basketball? michael

"as he wanders off shaking his head and muttering to himself"

Reply to
nunya

Actually I thought the game was boring until the last 2 minutes.

Why didn't the Pats attempt a hail mary long bomb last ditch effort on the last play of the game with 1 second remaining?

Reply to
miles

Becasue it was the Giants ball at that 1 second.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

If your're not sure, just think Tennis. It's always friggen Tennis season, LOL!

Reply to
TBone

It WAS kinda like a hockey game, point wise. However, there was some good playing. On the other hand, I was drinking whiskey so maybe that made the game more interesting. Seemed like there weren't many flags until the second half when there were a few more. That one review called for by Belichick, the one that resulted in their getting a first down almost turned the game.

By the way, this one gets my vote for the best Superbowl commercial:

See Tom Lawrence's explanation. 80)>

Reply to
John Corliss

I guess that you were not paying attention. They tried that twice and lost possession in the last few seconds. The clock was reset and the Giants had the ball in the last second.

Reply to
TBone

impressive. out of curiosity, can you tell me if any or how many soldiers died yesterday in iraq? can you tell me if the cost of oil fluctuated at all? im not busting your chops any, please dont take offense to my questions. its disappointing to see so much media coverage over thugs chasing a ball around as if it really matters, and so little attention paid to the things that do.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

We got home from Carnival in time to watch the last 5 or 6 min.. probably the best part of the game, from what I hear, and about all the attention span I was willing to give it.. lol

I was just walking into the shop when my wife turned the TV on and said something like "you gotta watch this, N.E. just scored"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

That is sadly true.

Reply to
Roy

I saw a great T-shirt today. It said:

18 and 0 And 1 Giant loss.

Maybe next year Patriot fans

Pretty cool.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Oh, guess I had too many beers by that point!

Reply to
miles

There is always horrible things happening in the world every day. Should life dwell only on the bad and never anything fun? Sounds like a bad plan to me!

Reply to
miles

Not true at all. There has been a ton of attention to many horrible things in the world. Does not mean people have to live miserable lives without any fun.

Reply to
miles

have we really grown so numb to whats going on around us that a football game is the biggest thing there is to talk about? that in itself is disturbing.

im not suggesting we shouldnt enjoy distractions when we can......but im sorry i just think it takes more than a football game to warrant front page news.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

So the front page should only have articles about the bad in the world? Your world seems to be one that looks more towards the negative sides of life than the good. Thats sad.

Reply to
miles

Far fewer than those who died on the highways or from gun shots here.

Are Montana winters that miserible?

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

I was a staunch Pats supporter. Never thought to ask my wife what team she supported, wasn't important.

So the Giants win the bowl.

Wife comes back from work yesterday, won $500 in the office pool!

OUCH!

Reply to
PeterD

NOT what i said. front page news should be of the events around us that actually affect our lives.

my world is _realistic_. whats going on in iraq is far more important to me than who scored how many touchdowns. whats going on in THIS country (education/health care/etc) is far more important to me than the score of a game. you watched a bunch of men you dont know who couldnt care any less about whether you lived or died chase a ball around. you enjoyed watching it, this is good. good for you. but how is that "news"? how is that more deserving of coverage than the details of our status in a foreign conflict? again, have we really grown so numb to war that a football game is "news"?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier