GIANT'S WIN

Page 1 of 2
It's good to be the king.

TBone wrote:

One HELLUVA game!
--
John Corliss

John Corliss wrote:

Actually I thought the game was boring until the last 2 minutes.
Why didn't the Pats attempt a hail mary long bomb last ditch effort on the last play of the game with 1 second remaining?

Becasue it was the Giants ball at that 1 second.
Tom Lawrence wrote:

Oh, guess I had too many beers by that point!

I was a staunch Pats supporter. Never thought to ask my wife what team she supported, wasn't important.
So the Giants win the bowl.
Wife comes back from work yesterday, won $500 in the office pool!
OUCH!
miles wrote:

It WAS kinda like a hockey game, point wise. However, there was some good playing. On the other hand, I was drinking whiskey so maybe that made the game more interesting. Seemed like there weren't many flags until the second half when there were a few more. That one review called for by Belichick, the one that resulted in their getting a first down almost turned the game.
By the way, this one gets my vote for the best Superbowl commercial:
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId 000d5d80675372&categoryId=events&filter=super-bowl

See Tom Lawrence's explanation. 80)>
--
John Corliss

I guess that you were not paying attention. They tried that twice and lost possession in the last few seconds. The clock was reset and the Giants had the ball in the last second.

impressive. out of curiosity, can you tell me if any or how many soldiers died yesterday in iraq? can you tell me if the cost of oil fluctuated at all? im not busting your chops any, please dont take offense to my questions. its disappointing to see so much media coverage over thugs chasing a ball around as if it really matters, and so little attention paid to the things that do.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com

That is sadly true.
Roy wrote:

Not true at all. There has been a ton of attention to many horrible things in the world. Does not mean people have to live miserable lives without any fun.
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

There is always horrible things happening in the world every day. Should life dwell only on the bad and never anything fun? Sounds like a bad plan to me!

have we really grown so numb to whats going on around us that a football game is the biggest thing there is to talk about? that in itself is disturbing.
im not suggesting we shouldnt enjoy distractions when we can......but im sorry i just think it takes more than a football game to warrant front page news.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

So the front page should only have articles about the bad in the world? Your world seems to be one that looks more towards the negative sides of life than the good. Thats sad.

NOT what i said. front page news should be of the events around us that actually affect our lives.

my world is _realistic_. whats going on in iraq is far more important to me than who scored how many touchdowns. whats going on in THIS country (education/health care/etc) is far more important to me than the score of a game. you watched a bunch of men you dont know who couldnt care any less about whether you lived or died chase a ball around. you enjoyed watching it, this is good. good for you. but how is that "news"? how is that more deserving of coverage than the details of our status in a foreign conflict? again, have we really grown so numb to war that a football game is "news"?
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Ao until there are no more wars and other horrible things in this world there shalt not be another superbowl huh?

Nathan, the world would be a pretty sad place if people stopped enjoying life because of the evils within it. It has nothing to do with being numb or ignoring the atrocities that exist on our planet. There will ALWAYS be something more important than a football game or any other fun entertaining event. Sorry you live in such a negative gloomy world!

Nah, it's the med's.
Roy

A friend of mine had a back operation in 07. We had some _interesting_ conversations when he was popping his M&M's.
Roy, I was in your old neck of the woods last week. It was cool but no snow. How's the beach weather in your new neck of the woods?
Ken

Where were you?

Beach is great. Did some surf fishing this afternoon, it was 80 degrees.
Roy

Hartford, CT.
I am in the midwest this week. Its supposed to snow tonight :-\
Any rabbits in the area are running for cover..or charging up their battery operated seat cushions :-)
Ken