GIANT'S WIN

wow.....you a gun-grabber greg?

heh.....they can be. being laid up unable to eat or drink just makes it worse. ;-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Most of the time, yes I can.

LOL, please Nate, you are the last one that I worry about attacking me.

That's because you are looking at it all wrong. This is a one time event and is actually important to many people for whatever reason. Once it's done' it's done. The war, the price of oil, the crap economy, are all continuous things that sadly don't change much for the better from day to day and there are news outlets that talk about them all of the time.

Reply to
TBone

Ao until there are no more wars and other horrible things in this world there shalt not be another superbowl huh?

Nathan, the world would be a pretty sad place if people stopped enjoying life because of the evils within it. It has nothing to do with being numb or ignoring the atrocities that exist on our planet. There will ALWAYS be something more important than a football game or any other fun entertaining event. Sorry you live in such a negative gloomy world!

Reply to
miles

Nah, it's the med's.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

My thought as well. Not the same Nate I have seen here over the years. A friend of mine had a back operation in 07. We had some _interesting_ conversations when he was popping his M&M's.

Roy, I was in your old neck of the woods last week. It was cool but no snow. How's the beach weather in your new neck of the woods?

Ken

Reply to
KenS

Where were you?

Beach is great. Did some surf fishing this afternoon, it was 80 degrees.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Montana

Just a bunch of millionaires running around enjoying themselves. What's wrong with that? Lighten up, Francis. :-)

Reply to
noggs

Lowell, Quincy, Worchester, then Springfield...then exited stage left to Hartford, CT.

I am in the midwest this week. Its supposed to snow tonight :-\

Any rabbits in the area are running for cover..or charging up their battery operated seat cushions :-)

Ken

Reply to
KenS

With the exception of Quincy, all real tough areas.

The friggin rabbit is fueled on WC sliders so he's all set. He plows with the window down, I'm sure as manly as he is.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I'd say I'd save you a few Castles but I done ate them all for lunch..

Real Rabbits don't have heated seats!!!!!

Are you anywhere near NW Ohio??

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Good guess....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

NOT what i said. not even similar to the argument i presented.

we live in the _same_ world. the only difference appears to be our priorities and the focus of our attention. that you can quote scores, plays, and stats of the game and the players but not tell me who died in iraq is my exact argument. im not saying you are wrong, im simply stating my displeasure with what is considered "big news" by so many.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Nope. You dwell on the negative parts of this world and choose to ignore the good as if its not important and therefore shouldn't be discussed.

People need to escape from the negative aspects of our world. It makes for a better place, a friendlier society. Your way seems to be to dwell on the negative and skip over the positive even though you seem to argue otherwise.

So tell me, what is so wrong with people enjoying life and wanting to talk about that enjoyment?

Should people enjoy the Super bowl but not talk about it at all? Keep it under the table so to speak?

Sorry Nathan, big news is more than only the negative things in this world. It's the positive as well.

Reply to
miles

i _never_ said the good news shouldnt be discussed. a football game however, is not comparable in any way to the good or the bad news of the world.

absolutely. ive never said otherwise.

nothing wrong with it. that doesnt make it front page news. its a football game that has no impact on our quality of life in any way beyond keeping your attention for a few hours. its simple. CAN YOU name anyone who died in iraq this weekend? i dont want you to....in fact please dont dishonor them by dragging their names into a petty internet disagreement...im just wondering if you can. that you cannot is my exact point. i bet you can tell me where the quarterback of the winning team went to college though.

bear in mind im not judging you miles, i dont care where your priorities lay. im simply observing and thinking out loud. perhaps i shouldnt. wow, i hear that was some game.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Having fun IS GOOD. I don't care for football myself and did not watch much of the game. But I do recognize the enjoyment it brings to a lot of people and that IS GOOD.

No, but you pretty much said we shouldn't talk about such fun things as football when theres such horrible things in this world to talk about instead.

That Nathan is where you are flat out wrong. It has enormous impact on the quality of life for those who get much enjoyment from it. It is the sharing of enjoyment among people that makes it worthwhile and very much an impact.

Look Nathan. Iraq war is VERY much on my mind. I have a very good friend of mine serving there at this very moment. I spoke with him and shared in the enjoyment of the game. It was an escape for them to share with others in this country a fun moment in sports.

Well Nathan, once again you'd be wrong. I can name names of those who died because I know some of their families personally. I however can't name the quarterbacks college. Hell, I don't even know the quarterbacks name. But I do know the importance of fun and sharing of it. Front page news is NOT just for the negative aspects of our world. Thats a piss poor world to live in. No thanks.

I thought it was a rather boring game until the final 2 minutes.

Reply to
miles