Global Warming hits Parish, NY

This is enough to keep the neighborhood pushers in business for awhile...

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

"FMB" wrote in news:lqwzh.20389$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

Damn, that's a lot even by lake effect standards.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

Just think how much snow they would have if we didnt have GLOBAL WARMING???

Reply to
Chad

Probably none as Global Warming prevented the lakes from freezing over and that is what is causing so much damn snow now.

Reply to
TBone

Bull. The areas getting all the snow aren't all from lake effect which is a rather localized event. Which lakes exactly are you referring too here?

Reply to
miles

miles wrote in news:PvKzh.6590$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe21.lga:

Lake Ontario - it *IS* Lake effect. geesh!

Reply to
h_k

The heavy snows are not limited to the downwind lake vicinity. Try again.

Reply to
miles

The last time Lake Ontario froze was 1976 and before that was 1934. TBone's claim of Global Warming causing lake effect snow because of lack of freezing on Lake Ontario is pure BS.

Reply to
miles

Miles, he is not wrong. They are getting the lake effect snows from Lake Ontario, which does not freeze over, like Lake Erie does. FYI Erie has just recently froze over in late Jan, which is extremely odd for being so late a freeze.

Reply to
azwiley1

miles wrote in news:rILzh.39421$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe18.lga:

U R a dunce!

Reply to
zapalac

I realize that but the severe winter conditions are not isolated to just that one area. My response was to the claims regarding Global Warming causing the severe winters. As you pointed out Ontario doesn't freeze over anyways. The lack of ice coverage isn't because of Global Warming as TBone tried to claim.

Talk to people in plain states and rocky mountain states! Many areas have been hit hard with both heavy snows and frigid temps.

Reply to
miles

You are correct about the heavy snow and frigid temps, in the plains states and other areas. However, being someone that lived most of his life in an area constantly hit by lake effect snows, including the Blizzard of 77, all the snow that is hitting the Lake Oswego area of Western/Upstate NY is ALL due to lake effect storms. Just because it is not localized to areas directly on the lake, does not mean it is not lake effect.

Besides, as the topic reads, the thread is about NY not the plains. So their weather really has little bearing or relevance.

Reply to
azwiley1

Thats true but the lack of ice on lake Ontario because of global warming isn't the cause for the lake effect snow in NY.

Reply to
miles

You are correct. Being that Lake O almost never freezes, G.W. has no bearing on things. Now, to say that Lake E has taken so long to freeze could be related to G.W.

Reply to
azwiley1

"azwiley1" wrote in news:UrMzh.5642$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe06.phx:

The miles character making all the dumb statements knows nothing about lake effect and how it all works and what happens. Right, Ontario doesn't freeze over.

Next thing that miles will claims is that he's the father of Anna Nicole's baby.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

miles wrote in news:HbPzh.39449$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe18.lga:

GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is lake effect snow EVERY year. Stop picking apart each and every little word. geesh!

Reply to
RobertPatrick

No that is not true. There have been numerous years where Western/Upstate NY has not seen a lake effect storm. Oh, as I am sure you will want to prove me wrong, for your edification, I was born and raised in Buffalo, my entire family still resides there, my son and biotch of an ex-wife still reside there, and I am there just about every year for the holidays.

Stop being so damn sensitive!

Reply to
azwiley1

You are correct Miles, it doesn't normally freeze but by this time of the year the water is usually damn cold and gives off little humidity. This year, due to the global warming that you stupidly refuse to believe exists, the water is still piss warm and is dumping tons of humidity into these storms.

Reply to
TBone

No, but record warm water temps for this time of year are and warm water releases far more humidity into the air than cold water. Could you back peddal any faster.

Really??? Please list all of the areas dealing with 9 feet of snow.

Reply to
TBone

Face it Miles, your wrong. Get over it.

Reply to