GM in talks to maybe buy Chysler

It seems the Chyslers parent in Germany is not to happy about how things are going with US based auto unit and is in serious talks with GM about a buyout. Current price tag is around 5 billion but many are
not sure GM can afford it at this time because th3ey are in hard times too. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

I think they want it for the trucks. 80% of Chrysler sales in 2005 were trucks.
Rams could be wearing bow ties, kind of a snappy dresser.
Coasty

real trucks don't wear bow ties.
--
-Chris

Just what we need. Hemi's in Gay Man Chariots!

More rubbish. Daimler bought Chrysler for $40billion, so you think that after losing $1.47Billion, DC would sustain a further loss of $35billion???
If GM buys, it'll be at a much higher price. But I wouldn't bet on DC selling until they find a viable option to make some cash out of the deal.
--
Max

$35billion???
It's called cutting lossesand while I agree that they are not going to want to give it away, they will sell at a substantial discount since they got what they wanted out of the deal. BTS, I guess this settles out discussion about merger of equals vs takeover.

Any amount of money is better than just shutting it down and taking a total loss or keeping it operating at a loss. If they would build some desirable vehicles for a change this would not be happening.