Good snow tires for a 2500?

OK...

It's my plow truck (04 2500 HD 4x4). Stuck way too many times, sliding all over the place yesterday. I actually had to shovel twice (once was my fault, no tires would have gotten me off that tree stump!)

I'm going to go with some much more agressive tires... My OEM ones are almost done anyway (and I have a second set of OEM tires to use in the summer anyway), so any suggestions for a good, very agressive, snow tire?

Reply to
PeterD

If you want the best imo go with a Blizzak dedicated tire. I've used them on a few trucks and they are fantastic.

If you get stuck with these, you need to learn how to plow.

These are a E load rated tire.

Reply to
Roy

If you get stuck with these, you need to learn how to plow.http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=3DBridgestone&tireMode So this is the real reason you retired and moved to Fla......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I've had a set of Bridgestone Revo's on my plow truck for at least 6-7 years. While they may not be as good as Blizzaks, they do the job very well for an all season tire. Plus they are not "real" noisey on the road.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

If you get stuck with these, you need to learn how to plow.http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireMode So this is the real reason you retired and moved to Fla......

Denny

No, I became tired of pulling out stuck plow trucks that used Revo's

Actually I don't know a thing about the Revo's other than you love them.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I've had a set of Bridgestone Revo's on my plow truck for at least 6-7 years. While they may not be as good as Blizzaks, they do the job very well for an all season tire. Plus they are not "real" noisey on the road.

Denny

If a truck had as much weight as your does in it, I could plow with a set of drag slicks on all four corners.

Geeesh, talk about compensatory weight.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I've had a set of Bridgestone Revo's on my plow truck for at least 6-7 years. While they may not be as good as Blizzaks, they do the job very well for an all season tire. Plus they are not "real" noisey on the road.

Denny

How much of the white gold did you folks get??

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Goodyear Workhorse XTRA Grips. Great tire for plow work. Can be studded as well and shrugs off the curbs and hidden items.

Steve W.

Just a dusting but the wind that we are getting is a whole different story. A high dollar hooker only wishes she could blow this hard..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Problem is that the weight doesn't help with sideways slides... No matter how much weight in the cab, you's goin' where you don't want to go in that case! (I actually slid it around three times trying to turn around, which worked better than if I'd had traction!

Reply to
PeterD

In NH, we got about 8 inches of snot snow. A real bit** to drive in, plowing was a real experience...

Reply to
PeterD

That's the big point with the Blizzaks they stick real well to ice they are super sticky and have a ton of sipes.

Reply to
Roy

I've heard from a few friends in MA that said it was wet and a real pia to push.

Where in NH? I've a nephew that is a leo in Nashua

Reply to
Roy

Jaffrey, about 30 miles west of Nashua... A very bad storm plowing wise, ground was not frozen, so non-paved driveways dug up, the stuff was heavy and sticky. Ugly stuff.

Reply to
PeterD

I know the area. I'm from the Boston area originally.

These early storms can be a bitch. Just gotta take your time.

Reply to
Roy

I take my time, but those fools in the Toyotas and Hondas don't seem to see it that way... What makes people think that they should pass a truck with a snow plow because they *think* they can go faster?

(I do wave as I pass them while they are in the ditch, too...)

Reply to
PeterD

I actually love the tires I just bought for my Dakota 4x4, they're Falken High country all terrain. I think they look a lot more aggressive than the revo's and are usually cheaper to buy. I bought 31 10:50's for about 500 for a set.

Amazon has

is from this guy
109, some times orders at Amazon, over 100 are free ship, I don't know if that is true for tires though... :P still, if your tire guys carry them, they aren't big name big price tires, but 3 of 4 cars I own run falkens, and I like em as much or better than most similar priced tires, and better than buying high priced tires..

Reply to
PlowBoy

Glad your happy with them and they may work on a Dak. But the op is plowing snow. Looking aggresive doesn't move snow. Traction does.

Reply to
Roy