Grease boot

One of my Grease boots was busted by debris and my mechanic tells me that the only thing he can do is replace the tie rods to fix it. Is he right?
Pretty expensive for a busted rubber. No pun intended!!

Homer wrote:

If it's a small hole you could try using a bycicle inner-tube patch. The hardest part would be getting all of the grease off of the repair area. If it doesn't work you are only out $2 and a little time.
--
Ken

Nosey wrote:

I've tried repairing and patching boots. Never worked for me. Although I've heard of people doing it with good results. Probably worth a shot.
OTOH, I would take a close look at the boot and tie rod assembly. You can usually replace the boot without replacing the rod end.
--
.boB
2006 FXDI hot rod