Grinding Noise

I have a 97 Dakota. When I shift from park through Neutral to drive there is a momentary grinding noise. Any ideas as to what this might be. I would
equate the noise to that of accidently cranking the engine while its running. Thanks
Ryan
I had a similar problem. Any one have any idea of what to check for ? snipped-for-privacy@mts.net
snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

have no idea what you need.
Bob
I had a similar problem. Any one have any idea of what to check for ? snipped-for-privacy@mts.net
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:02:46 -0600, "Ryan Hagen"

Does it do it with the engine stopped? If so, I might consider some wiring or relay problem associated with the neutral safety switch. Maybe it really is momentarialy engaging the starter.
"Leroy"