Gulf Coast

I guess everybody has been watching the coverage. I figure it is time to put some serious troops in with a no bs set of orders.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I've heard reports of 20,000 to 40,000 being deployed by this weekend. It's a logistics nightmare to get it all organized. They have been given arrest powers and marshal law has been established in some areas. Too bad more people didn't heed the warnings to evacuate. While some couldn't for a variety of reasons I don't think 200,000 people have such reasons other than stupidity.

Reply to
miles

How about putting in some serious food, water and shelter?

JAM

Reply to
Johnny Thunder

That is what I find troubleing. Imo it has taken waaaay to long to get assistance into the area. We have flown aid to other countries in 1/2 the time.

Most of those folks don't have transportation. They were initially told to go to the dome for the duration of the storm. IIrc they were sorta trapped after the water came in. I think your 200,000 might be a bit on the high side The evacuation of the hospitals didn't take place until this morning.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

it was 'time' about 72 hours ago

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Naw ... 72 hours ago our fearless leader was still vacationing. How dare you expect any immediate action.

Un-frickin-believable.

Craig C.

Reply to
craig

Saw a pic of a fire truck from I believe LA as in Calif. It arrived with the NG convoy. They drove from friggin Calif. Was the NG out in Calif too?

Would love to hear the mayor of New Orleans brief Bush today. Any bet's that Bush will avoid him?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

More clueless psycho-babble from the Bush-hating looney left. So tell us, if your hero Kerry put you in charge of hurricane relief, what would *you* do differently? Nevermind, it would be just more looney-left psycho-babble. ROTFLMAO!

Reply to
Jon

I'm not sure why the Pentagon didn't obtain permission and send in a fleet of Amphibious assault ships, land on the beaches, conduct an urban warfare drill, and cap it by training soldiers to hand out food and medical supplies.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Hey, Bush flew over the area, jeez.....

and at 550MPH and 25,000 feet, thats all the closer he wanted to get. Wonder what he saw from up there?

"Wow, thats a lot of water......... what body of water is that?......... The Pahtomic? oh......we passed Pochertran back a ways? ok........"

Couldn't have been much.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Try about 250MPH at 2,500 feet. But still - not the same as seeing it from the ground... which is impossible.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

They'll actually fly that thing that low and that slow? Hell, they're lucky someone didn't shoot at it.

Reply to
Max Dodge

C'mon Babour is and has been a political hack for years. Do you know his history? That aside, Do you actually think that the response has been timely???????

Roy

Reply to
Roy

You crack me up. Always there with the facts.

;) Craig C.

Reply to
craig

You agreeing with RFK,Jr? Actually I do know of Haley Barbour...since before his head of the RNC days.

Let's see. From the feds? Yes. Could it have been better? Certainly.

From the state? No.

Reply to
Steve Scott

I can understand the taking of food, clothes and other necessities to survive. It's not right but understandable. The looters taking the tv sets, electronics and other stuff just to be stealing should be shot on sight. Aim for center of mass, the hell with just wounding them, hell then you have to take care of them.

Now I'll catch hell for this but... By the interviews that I've heard, the tone of some of the survivors is that they "deserved" this and it was their "right" for that. They want the government to replace all that they have lost. Were all these welfare trash that were left in the city???

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Yeah, no kidding. Fortunately, the area's gun shops didn't have any shoulder-fired missiles up for grabs. Even so, I bet the Secret Service's pucker factor was relatively high. But hey, ya gotta see what's going on, and there's no way in hell he was going anywhere near downtown N.O. on the ground...

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Meaning what?

"Although Bush plans to make his own tour of the storm-ravaged region later this week, the president made an airborne inspection Wednesday as Air Force One flew from Texas to Washington. The presidential aircraft dipped from its cruising altitude of 29,000 feet to a bird's eye view at 2,500 feet over New Orleans and 1,700 feet elsewhere."

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Meaning, in the midst of my own political pissing contest in this thread, I glanced at your response and it cracked me up. I had no doubt it was accurate, as all of your posts are 100% dead on the money. I wasn't being facisous ... just honest. Keep up the good work, Tom.

Craig C.

Reply to
craig

Sorry - I read sarcasm where there wasn't any. Damn text-based medium :)

(And I only happened to know that because I was watching the news at the time, and caught the live shot of the big ol' Boeing doing it's best imitation of an albatross)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence