Gulf Coast part 3

Okay, Bush has said the response has been slow and not enough. Going to send in the Marines and the 101'st and the 1st. Cav. Is the 1 Cav still air mobile? Or am I dating myself? Are any of these units
air mobile, as in helicopters?
I'm still amazed that the hospital has not been fully evacuated.
Let's see if we can all agree that the situation sucks and we gotta do better next time.
Roy

That thinking is too idealistic and 'looney leftie' for this group.
Craig C.
LOL, how true.
< snipped-for-privacy@metronet.com> wrote in message
Roy wrote:

From www.globalsecurity.org
The Army's First Cavalry Unit, the "1st Squadron, 1st United States Cavalry, 1st Regiment of Dragoons, is better known as the "BLACKHAWK". The Squadron is a Divisional Cavalry Unit and is made up of three ground troops, two air troops, one headquarters troop and one aviation maintenance troop.
The 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) provides forcible entry capability through heliborne 'air assault' operations. Capable of inserting a 4,000 soldier combined arms task force, 150-kilometers into enemy terrain in one lift, and possessing 281 helicopters, including three battalions of Apache attack helicopters, this division is the most versatile in the Army.

Thanks Nosey, that's what should have gone in by Wednesday imho.
Roy