guns on campus

Page 11 of 14

no doubt, sir.

i think its a different mind-set entirely. carry brings a keen sense of responsibility and awareness. you just cant afford to be "stupid" when you carry. in fact, you have an obligation to avoid senseless trouble when you carry.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

beekeep
Nathan In Montana wrote:

You're suggesting an ideal scenario where _one_ responsible person with a gun can do everything right. Probably every gun enthusiast fantasizes that he could have been Virginia Tech's hero.
I think that your 25,000 gun-carrying "sheep" on the VT campus might be a poor solution. Your 'sheep & wolves' analogy isn't realistic, real wolves don't look like sheep, and they don't wear sheep's clothing. The VT gunman looked like anybody else would holding a gun, so the final outcome may have been based on who had the itchiest trigger finger and who shot at who first. Students could have continued shooting each other across the campus after the original gunman was already dead. If just 100 armed and excitable azwileys saw each other pointing guns, that's 99 dead right there.
Did you miss it? azwiley1 has let us know that it simply isn't his responsibility to determine beforehand whether shooting someone is justified. It's the state's duty to prove, after the shooting, that it wasn't.
--
In girum imus nocte
et consumimur igni

Man, you just gotta keep the bs going don't ya.

Man you are dumber then a box of rocks and you're too damn stupid to just STFU at times, even when one of your "partners in crime" says let it rest.
Also, if you are going to try and quote something that I or anyone said, get it right asshole. I did not say or imply that I didn't have to prove anything, I stated as it is the fact of law here that the DEFENCE/DEFENSE does not have to prove that I was justified, that it is up to the state/prosecution to prove that it was UNJUSTIFIED. What don't you understand fucknuts?

This is getting very old don't ya think. Comes a time when nobody is able to prove a point.

Roy, my reply was not an attempt to prove a point, though I do agree with you on the getting old issue. However, I'm not going to sit here and let some assclown make false statements and claim it is what I said.
azwiley1 wrote:

"You're right, it is not up to me to prove "he" was armed and that my life or that of my family was in danger. It is up to the "state pros" to prove that my life and/or that of my families WASN"T." - punkin

I understand that you're now babbling about your defense in court, your legal argument. Not your personal defense when you decide to shoot someone. I understand that you don't really give a flip about who you mistakenly shoot, as long as you're off the hook.
--
In girum imus nocte
et consumimur igni

All I have said, and will continue to say is that shooting someone is not as simple scenario as you project it to be. It's not always written in stone, and any slimy lawyer who's worth his Evian water knows ten different ways to come at you. OR will come up with some new tactic.
And even if you do win the case, your lawyer gets his $400 per hour, and good luck getting that back from the perp in small claims court.
Steve
wrote

Understood, and I believe you understand what I was saying. That being said, I will end this as I don't have any desire to enter into another pissing contest with you over this.

i have _never_ stated, suggested, or implied in ANY way that every student should be armed. what ive stated is that you cannot deny that right to those who wish to exercise it.

give me _any_ statistical data to substantiate that this is in any way a probability. your statement sir, is without merit.
you do however bring up a valid point. without knowing who the gunman is it can be quite difficult to distinguish between the good guys and the bad. this is where proper training comes into effect. if you follow your training you minimize the possibility of shooting the wrong guy. yes, it happens....but given the choice of facing a trained, armed good guy verses being unarmed and completely at the mercy of an armed bad guy, ill take my chances on the good guy.
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
Nathan In Montana wrote:

I can't deny the right to wear body armor to those who wish to exercise it.

Mass hysteria & panic happens. Merely saying the wrong words in large groups has caused trampling deaths in stampedes.
Wasn't there a story about some guy hid out in the forests (Phillipines?) for like 30 years because he never got the word that WWII was over? I think there has to be communications, and a commander to orchestrate things. Imagine how much tougher the police's job would be with thousands of alarmed and armed students running around. Who should they shoot at?

Maybe it's time for software to control guns, like it does nearly everything else...
Gun contains small battery and piezo tweeter that emits a *chirp* every few seconds, like a car alarm. Won't operate without it. Now everyone knows who the wolf is, it's the guy chirping. Also a time delay, so the gun isn't ready for use until it's been actively chirping for 30 minutes.
--
In girum imus nocte
et consumimur igni

Yeah thats what I need my gun to do, "bluescreen" at a critical moment.
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 00:24:49 -0400, Heatwave

gives a new meaning to the blue screen of death.

Don't laugh.... my state already has law on the books that says only smart guns can be sold in this state.... just as soon as one is developed.
That's right - we actually have a law requiring something that doesn't even exist yet. Oh, of course, LEO's are exempt from the law... as well, I'm sure, are the personal security staff of the elected officials. Hmmm.....

Reminds me of US Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders' comment that we needed "safer bullets."
Steve

no you cant....but where the heck did that come from?

totally unrelated to what i asked you for. show me ANY statistical data that substantiates your statement as any sense of probability. i dont think any of those who died that day died of being trampled.

you mean those same police who didnt respond for how many hours?

heh. :-)
--

.....i think ill control my own, thanks. http://media.concealedcarryforum.com/practice.wmv :-)
--
Nathan in Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
Nathan In Montana wrote:

The armor is purely defensive. I'm not at increased risk if the class clowns sitting behind me wear it. If they're carrying guns, though, they affect me, and without my consent. Maybe I'd be safer, maybe not, but why should they impose their decision on me?

It isn't totally unrelated. It's an example of people following the reactions of others around them. Rather than hunt for statistics, I'll just agree that it's improbable. Improbable things will happen.

I mean every campus police officer.

Cho Seung Hui's gun would have been just as likely to BSOD as anyone else's.
Perhaps with RFID chips in them, guns could be scanned for their identity and remotely turned off.
--
In girum imus nocte
et consumimur igni