guns on campus

Or lose even more credibility when they mis-use the word 'loose'?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Ed H.

"azwiley1" wrote

Laws, courts, and police officers don't operate on an "I don't know" basis. Even if they're wrong, they'll take some sort of action. They don't accept "I don't know" as an answer either.

On the one hand, you say you researched the laws, you traveled the territory, you're certain about these things, yet then on the other hand say, "I don't know".

Which is it?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Sorry you missed the .

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

What the hell are you talking about? You obviously have a read and/or comprehension problem (again). My "I don't know" was directed at the site not the laws. You need to read more and jump less Steve, if you did, you have understood what was written.

Reply to
azwiley1

Either that, or you need to be more concise in communicating your ideas.

As an example:

I just read:

You obviously have a read and/or comprehension problem (again).

I do not understand what a "read" problem is.

Until you can write in a manner that concisely conveys your thoughts, ideas, and positions, there is a small chance that I could continue to misconstrue what you write.

It is obvious that you are not going to do that any time soon, so I give up on you. You write as a sixth grader, and I just don't get what it is you are saying. This is just one example of your writing style, and I choose not to participate any longer.

Good luck in your life pursuits.

Now, say goodbye, Gracie.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

With all due respect, Steve. One as intelligent as yourself should be able to use the context in which another writes to interpret what the other means. Because you are retired at 58, either you have been lucky, or smart and hard working enough, to amass sufficient wealth to retire at an early age. Personnally, I don't believe in luck, therefore, I assume you are an intelligent, hard worker.

You can stick to your argument that because another doesn't always use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation, you don't understand what the other is trying to convey, but I think you realize you have lost the debate based on logic, therefore you rely on the language barrier argument as a means to deny your logic is questionable.

Many positions in this tread have merit. Your's, "being ignorant of the law is no excuse for breaking the law," and "the internet is not a sufficient source of information (one which I concur with)" and other's "taking reasonable measures to stay within the intent of the law, even if falling outside of the letter of the law" are examples.

It occurs to me that one way to stay within the letter of the law is, prior to travelling through a jurisdiction, call them (I don't know of a jurisdiction which doesn't publish their contact information) and ask what are the current laws, or at least what are the changes to the law as of the last date one knew them to be.

Furthermore, your example of being forthright with all law enforcement personnel you encounter makes a lot of sense. I have been stopped for legitimate reasons, ranging from a burned out turn indicator, to speeding in excess of 25 MPH over the limit, to suspected DUI, and more often than not, I get a warning (and sometimes an explaination of the law I was violating) because I was courteous and honest with the cop. I wonder if some the stories others have told you included the whole truth.

Reply to
Ed H.

Think what you will, Mr. H. I am just done with arguing with a twit who can't understand the fact that I don't believe that he knows every law in every burg and small town in the United States. Although he continues to assert that he does.

I cannot expect that he can assimilate or absorb the sites and cites, let alone the logic and discussions posted by myself or others if he cannot conduct basic conversational English in a relaxed atmosphere such as this forum. Any time anyone bests him, he launches into a childish profane rant.

I need not prove anything about myself to you or anyone else. I've had a rough and tumble life, been on many adventures, made and lost more than one fortune, made some brilliant moves, made some absolutely dumb moves, which brings me to the point I am today. I am retired, live very comfortably, and have enough to do so for the next hundred years at this pace. I spend different seasons in multiple states.

As for my forthrightness about my law enforcement experiences, and my truthfulness, again, I have no need to explain anything.

Let me just say that I pass very easily through multiple jurisdictions within the nearly two million people I live among because of my qualifications, certifications, commissions, and network associations. Plus, I do live 100% within the law, and that helps a lot. I do not fear being stopped by the authorities, and haven't been stopped in nine years. They either see my vehicular ID and don't stop me, or see my personal ID, and the stop is over with a quick ID check. Or a quick ticket, as was the case nine years ago when I bumped a guy who was riding in my blind spot with my motorhome. The guy sure was pissed that I knew the traffic officer, and that we were joking around while he was writing me a ticket. I guess he wanted the officer to beat me with his nightstick.

The officer said to me, "You know I have to scratch you." (write me a ticket), and the guy I hit insisted on an explanation on what that meant. The traffic officer politely explained, then asked the man to go sit in his car.

Life is good.

How's things in your neck of the woods?

Reply to
Steve B

You're very welcome Ed. I hope that you and anyone else reading this thread with any interest and had the common sense to actually look at the link will find it useful. Contrary to what one pompous ass thinks, no where did I ever state that I knew EVERY law in EVERY jurisdiction, I simply stated as did a few others, that his claims of not being able to find the information is pure B.S.

Anyone smart enough to read the info on the link would plainly see that the info is broken down by states, and includes everything from what other states permits they honor, to travel requirements, to individual counties (again, which we have been told by Steve couldn't be known) additional laws.

Now please feel free to let me know what it is about my writings that you can not understand, as according to one self-righteous, pompous individual, I have an inability in writing, speaking, and communicating effectively. :)

Reply to
azwiley1

Good. Thanks for asking.

Reply to