guns on campus

Page 5 of 14

Note the smiley face. the ;-) thing at the end. This indicates wink, wink.
I was just Joshin the poster that perhaps he needed a lot more firepower, and might consider a clip, although with his lack of ballistics knowledge, I doubt he would have caught the clip on a revolver comment.
I agree with your statements about reloaders for revolvers. "Clips" for revolvers are called SpeedLoaders. They hold varying amounts of shells (as various revolvers hold various numbers of shells as any REAL shooter knows), and can facilitate the fast loading of a revolver during firefights and during competitive shooting matches.
You are correct. There are no clips made for revolvers. I just wanted to see if Mr. .357 Macho knew that.
I don't have any clue as to why he pulled the .357 caliber out of thin air, didn't specify Magnum, didn't specify a .357 SIG (which would have been the technically correct thing for a REAL gun handler to state), and why he didn't just claim to own the holy grail of the Large Caliber for the Short Dicked, the .454 Casull. If you go to a gun shop, and ask for a box of .357 caliber shells, they will follow up with a question of what type, as the .357 is not a generic shell such as a .38 caliber.
Steve

Really, just joshin me? You called me and I quote "clueless short dicked egghead" because you made a errant assumption about something. You read something that was not there to read, and in turn started with the personal attacks and insults. It really would have been difficult for you to either, ask if I was refering to a Magnum, to have eduacted your self on the fact that there are other .357 calibers out there, or to have kept your mouth shut. I guess it would have, as you ASSUMED I was refering to a revolver and to a .357 Magnum.
Sorry, smiley face or other wise, why should I have thought or cared that you were "just Joshin the poster"?

Who cares honestly. Explain to me Mr. I'm just Joshin the Poster, why you ASSUMED that I was refering to a revolver and .357 Magmun. Appearantly you don't know very much about fire arms if you honestly thought that was the only combination for that type of round.

You got it right, YOU DON"T HAVE A CLUE.

Maybe. But I DO know the difference between a hand gun and a hang gun.
Steve
Steve, you are truly the horses ass and an idiot (I've know one or the other before, but never both).
wrote

Why, thank you, Ed. I believe that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about me.
Steve
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:21:29 -0700, "Steve B"

seeing how you conduct yourself steve, i am not surprised that is one of the nicest things that anyone has ever said about you.
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:20:12 -0700, "Steve B"

no, i actually think it indicates that you spend way too much time on your computer. again, dad, just saying.

not sure about your knowledge of ballistics. the 357 mag and the 357 sig are not bad rounds ballistically. now, they are not so hot when you compare other options that are cheaper to buy, easier to control and have a little better ballisitics. but any firearms person would know that both rounds are capable of doing the job. your rant about how many walls the round will go through and how far it will go is unfounded as far as ballisitics go. it isn't the gun, it is the round and you can get a round to match just about any need. there are alot of self defense guns that have greater penetration than either 357 round that you talk about. so, you really just wanted to go after larry because he pissed you off, but what you wrote was as full of bull shit as you are.

Interestingly enough, I don't even know who this guy is or how I could have pissed him off, as I have never conversed with him or about him prior to this. Oh wait, it must be my charming personality! ;^)

No. Really, it was your amazing literary skills.
Steve
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:45:52 -0700, azwiley1 wrote:

Yea Larry, that's it your charming personality!
*Big Grin*
Chris
05 CTD

;^p
Thanks Chris! LOL

My regrets that you failed to comprehend the conversation and chose to answer in chatroomese.
The point was ..............
any projectile of a high muzzle velocity and energy is dangerous as a home defense round because it can go through walls VERY easily, and has a range of a mile or more.
Sorry that you could not comprehend or stick to the point being discussed.
Point was that someone would come out blazing with a ".357" (type and flavor unknown and unstated) and think that this big bad round would make them a big bad home defender. No matter that one who would use such a round in such a way is just a plain vanilla idiot.
So, I'm sorry that those here who did not or could not follow the point of the conversation got diverted into such diarrhetic literati minutiae.
They would have had more credibility with the .454 Casull argument.
Steve
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:19:22 -0700, "Steve B"

ok steve, you are right. you are sorry.
as an aside, the fact that you own a gun doesn't make you a ballistic expert. in fact, that is the point of my other posts. before you jump on someone or try to add the stupid kind of crap like you just wrote, it would be a help to you if you knew what you were talking about.
it would be a help to you if you knew what you were talking

I own so many guns, I would have to go to my gun room and count them to accurately know. I'm 58, and my grandfather gave me a .22 rifle when I was 8. I've been shooting since then.
So, prove me wrong. Show me a .357 shell. A generic one. Not a magnum, not a SIG, not anything, but a .357 caliber shell.
Steve

Really? That's a pretty generic-sounding cartridge, there, Steve. ".22", huh? Well, what is it? .22LR? .22Magnum? .22-250?
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 18:35:58 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

lol.
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 18:55:34 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net wrote:

steve, stop and think for a minute. you just got caught in your own stupidity.
"most" people that have guns would know what you meant by .22 rifle, just as "most" people would know that 357 refers to the well known model, the .357 magnum. you played a stupid little game because you were pissed at larry but you just ended up making yourself look stupid. the 357 magnum is usually referred to as the 357. it is pretty much the standard in that caliber. now they do have the 357 sig (intended to be a 357 magnum light for the auto loader) and the 357 remington max or 357 max remington (intended as a hunting round i think). there could even be others out there, but the magnum is the stable and we all knew that was what larry was referring to.
why don't you relax and stop blowing o-rings over little things.
thedumbguy:

Nope. It was you again. You even delivered an ironic twist: Only 28 minutes before posting your "stop and think" reply, you said to Steve "certainly anyone at your advanced stage of life can follow a thread?"

IDIOT! Steve referred to the staple (not 'stable') from the outset. From then on, punkinseed has been pouting as follows:
"No where did I ever mention, use or imply the word Magnum, all I said was .357. I gather you have NEVER heard of a .357 Sig have you clueless one? Vastly different the a .357 Magnum. Educate yourself, with this link about them maybe you will learn something" http://www.sigarms.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=8&productidc
"I made a statement about .357, I did not specify Magnum or otherwise, as the people in here that know me, which I have discussed firearms with would know what I meant."
"Sorry you are too stupid to understand that the regulars in here knew what I was refering too"
"I'm sorry, but once again, those that know me and who I have been conversing with for many years knew exactly what I was refering too."
"I NEVER SAID .357 MAGNUM, YOU DID."
--
In girum imus nocte
et consumimur igni

beryl........great to hear from you again old boy. the home let you at the computer again huh?

is steve a friend of yours beryl? or are you just an avenging angel for the people that come here and make fools of themselves? you fill the bill, old bean, because no one could be a bigger fool than you.

beryl, that last part doesn't even make sense. take your meds every night.....relax.......get some more sleep beryl........and you may be able to actually say something that makes sense.
thedumbguy:

You've become, by FAR, the biggest fool in this thread. Are you pretending to not know what you did? Maybe hoping your buddies won't be smart enough to see it?

IDIOT, "that last part doesn't even make sense" to *you* because little punky wrote all of it, you never read any of it, and you haven't been following the thread. The punkster does NOT have a .357 Magnum. He's been crying repeatedly that his big bad gun is a .357 Sig, not Magnum. Get it? Your little lecture to Steve that "the magnum is the stable and we all knew that was what larry was referring to" was totally asinine! And this came mere *minutes* after you said Steve can't follow the thread, how funny!
:^)
--
In girum imus nocte
et consumimur igni