guns on campus

Page 8 of 14

It took him several posts to get it out that it was indeed a SIG, and not just a plain vanilla .357. Not even a Magnum. Your memory is very selective.
Steve
I don't know what news reader you use, whether if follows indivual threads by topic instead of date, but his first response that it was a .357 Sig, and not a .357 magnum directly followed your vile attack on him. I think you are VERY sophomoric.
With all due respect to aswiley1, I know you are capable of speaking for yourself, but this clown has angered me with his inane assumptions. I wonder if the B. in Steve B. is short for "Bozo."

Absolutely no worries Ed, have at it. I am enjoying the show as well as my hockey game!

and a hockey game broke out," kind of sport. No wonder you are misunderstood! Big Grin. ;<)

Maybe so. LOL
Ed H. wrote:

Ed, you're embarassing thedumbguy now.
"you just ended up making yourself look stupid... the magnum is the stable and we all knew that was what larry was referring to" - thedumbguy
--
In girum imus nocte
et consumimur igni

That's hard to say. It ranged between $28 and $85 an hour.
Steve
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 18:35:58 +0000, Tom Lawrence wrote:

you forgot the old .22 automatic (yes its a round my grandmother has a .22 auto rifle)
Chris
05 CTD

I left out a bunch of older .22's.... .22 short, .22CB, .22CB short, .22CB long, .22 Hornet.... it's easy to lose track.
Are you referring to the .22 Winchester Automatic, used in the Winchester 1903?
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 04:23:26 +0000, Tom Lawrence wrote:

yes i believe her rifle is a Winchester. i only mentioned it because i knew of the round, its rather old and difficult to find replacement ammunition for it. (not something you just walk into the local gun shop and ask for anymore) its been quite a few years since i even layed eyes on the old rifle for that very reason. its stored away for its own safety.
Chris
05 CTD
its been quite a few years since i even layed eyes on

Careful, or you'll be accused of not even owning said gun because you haven't seen it in a while. People who own only one guy, and who play with it every evening just before bedtime don't understand the concept of safe storage, handprints on bluing, and treating valuable items with respect.
The gun industry did go through quite a lot of experimental .22 caliber shells before they arrived at the standard rounds used today. I believe they were making them proprietary so that they would also make money on the ammunition sales, too.
An interesting article on the history of the .22 cal. bullet:
http://www.chuckhawks.com/history_rimfire_ammo.htm
Steve

It would seem that "theguy" was correct. It appears some serious bonding took place at the rest area. They have taken it to the point of ownership, pretty kinky imo.
<GBMFG>
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:45:56 -0700, "Steve B"

steve, i have never once commented on your .357 v. 357 sig v 357 magnum bull shit. my comments concerned your stupid and innane remarks regarding the ballistic properties of the 357 whatever. certainly anyone at your advanced stage of life can follow a thread?
as for owning so many guns.......first i doubt it. don't count the mattels, air guns, and b-b guns please. never the less, if the number of guns that you own somehow related to your intellectual level, then the us govt would be brilliant. they are not and it does not.

No shit. I really don't know how many guns I own. So, think what you will. I really don't give a shit.
Steve
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:20:34 -0700, "Steve B"

you don't really give a shit? and is that why you took the time to answer me?..........the time to get pissed off about it?
you may indeed be right however steve. i am not sure that you have the mental capacity to count beyone one or two.
and finally steve.......thank you.......i will think what i will.

Guess you've never heard of moon clips, then, huh?

That would be no. Please explain, as I am always interested in buying something more for my guns. :-)
Steve

Googled them, and a friend had one for a .45 cal. revolver he had. Funny, but the one I saw had six .357 MAGNUM rounds in it. Wonder if they make it for the plain .357 rounds, too. Steve
I had a thought while laying in bed this evening. Why don't colleges teach ancient technology courses? Such things as throwing sticks, slings, and sling shots could be taught.
One frat rat with a sling shot and some 1/2" steel ball bearings could have put a hurt on that guy, and a half dozen could have killed him.
Oh, but wait. That wouldn't be PC. Unless, of course, they taught it in conjunction with ethnic diversity or some such nonsense that would link it to some minority group. But then, that's entirely possible, as sling shots have been historically linked to downtrodden minority kids, haven't they.
I think I'm on to something.
And a Wrist Rocket or equivalent with ball bearings makes one nasty weapon. Even one made out of a tree fork and strips of inner tubes works pretty good.
Steve
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 03:15:38 -0700, "Steve B"

i just think you are on something.