guns on campus

Page 9 of 14
Steve B wrote:

How many people carry sling shots with 1/2" steel ball bearings around at school?

All they needed was one.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

I dont think it's a good idea to allow students to have weapons on campus. However, I do think the security guards and some trained staff should. The guards at VT were unarmed from what I've heard.

I'd use 3/8" ball bearings. Higher velocity and you can carry more of them for the same total weight. ;+)>

A friend of mine used to own a used car lot. Sometimes, they would have some undesirables congregate in the back alley. He would launch some 3/8" nuts sith a Wrist Rocket down through the alley at head height plus a couple of feet. It didn't take long for the alley to be clear of everything but tomcats. He zinged one over my head once, and it sounds just like a ricocheting bullet.
Steve

Darwin must have been on a coffee break....
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 01:15:00 +0000, Tom Lawrence wrote:

Murphy wont be napping long.
Chris
05 CTD

I'd go with a set of 30 weight ball bearings, myself. It's all ball bearings nowadays.
:^)

No one here in NJ.... they (slingshots) are illegal.
And no, I'm not kidding...
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 01:10:45 +0000, Tom Lawrence wrote:

what????????????? you gotta be!!!!
heck we broke a many windows as kids here. =)
Chris
05 CTD

Nope... 2C:39-1r defines "Weapons", and includes "slingshots", and 2C:39-5d defines as a 4th degree crime the possession of "other weapons not manifestly appropriate for such lawful uses as it may have". 2C:39-9d also makes it a 4th degree crime to "manufacture, transport, ship, sell, or dispose of a weapon, including [...] slingshots"
4th degree crimes can carry sentences of 1-3 years.
Tom Lawrence wrote:

I'd just heard on the radio this week where NJ has a law on the books that states it is illegal for [commercial] fishermen to do any knitting during the fishing season.
Not certain where that one comes from but apparently still on the books, probably from colonial times I would presume.
SMH
Moon clips, that's the name. I couldn't remember it during my earlier post. Once again Tom, thanks.

Hey, I do happen to own a .454 Casull (Taurus Raging Bull). No deficiencies here! ;^)
There are a couple of more powerful rounds than the .454 on the market. The .460 S&W and the .500 S&W. The penile impaired have moved on to those. ;^)
I find the .454 to be fine for deer hunting and I can use .45 Colt as a less powerful alternative if so desired.
Ken

No, I believe you made my point much more eloquently than I ever could have.
Your knowledge of ballistics, safety, and anger management speak volumes about yourself.
Are you the next headline nut case in waiting?
I'll bet you got your ass kicked a lot as a kid, didn't you? Is that still happening a lot?
I don't wonder why.
Steve
I made a statement about .357, I

Never assume. Damn, that's scary. You claim to own a handgun, yet don't know or can't state its exact caliber.
You though,

Is English your second language? It must be difficult for you, not being able to write sentences, spell correctly and to communicate clearly. Are you sure you went through the proper channels to buy and register your firearms?

Hell, I went so far as

And STILL failed to describe the shell correctly. Did the big words confuse you? How in the world did you get it right on the paperwork? You DID do paperwork on it, didn't you? Didn't you?

Sorry, I'm not gay.
Steve
PS: Who's Beryl?
wrote

Do a search in Google Steve, Roy, the_guy, Tbone, miles and I have had numerous conversations about hang guns, where I stated numerous times, what I own. Sorry you are too stupid to understand that the regulars in here knew what I was refering too and that you needed very specific crayon drawn details. I know exactly what I own, I even posted you a link for it. Read it yet? Doubtful.

Are you sure you are done sucking Beryls dick?

Really, care to point out how and where I described it incorrectly?

HANG GUN? What's a hang gun? I understand crayon, but don't understand that term. How are those English classes coming? Do you now see how utterly foolish you can be by trying to converse and not being able to spell and use proper grammar? And you say I'm too stupid. That's rich.

And I WAS impressed. Ooooooooo. Such a gun! Too bad you sent a picture of a gun instead of answering the topic of conversation.

Good God, You ARE as dumb as you project. There is no .357 round. There's a .357 SIG, a .357 Magnum. Go into a gun store and ask for a box of .357's. After they stop laughing, have THEM explain the difference to you.
When you buy ammo for your SIG (remember the SIG you claim to own - the one in the pretty picture?), how do you specifically ask for those rounds? Do you say, "I want a box of .357 SIG", or "I want a box of .357's"? In case you haven't noticed, or don't really own a SIG, there is a difference in the two rounds.
Now, get back on those English books. You either need to study more so you'll graduate with your class, or go back to school so you can spell correctly and learn the difference between too, to, and two. (as in "refering too") And "refering" is misspelled, too.
Sheesh. Compound stupid. You're stupid and you don't know you're stupid.
Steve
wrote

OOOooooooo, so I miss type one letter. You obviously knew EXACTLY what I was talking about.

I did answer the topic of conversation, ironically enough, you never asked a question. So, please explain to me what it is that I failed to answer? I did not just send you a "pretty picture" I don't have any of your wife having sex with some one else. :) I sent you a link that was to Sig Arms website, that not only contained a photo of my fire arm but also contained the tech data you are ignorant too.

I'm sorry, but once again, those that know me and who I have been conversing with for many years knew exactly what I was refering too. I did not know that I was required to spell out in the smallest of detail everything I post for the assclowns who come in to just stir shit. I do go into the local gun stores and ask for a "box of .357" Why, because they know me and they know what I want, because they are the ones that sold me the fire arm.

I know there is a HUGE difference betweeen the two assclown. I never, ever said otherwise, hell I have made that very statement in just about every reply I have made to you. Whatever, you know it all, just like Sno* and are just plain stupid about somethings and will NEVER admit to being wrong when you are.
Since you seem to believe you know more about what I own then I do, be man enough to post a real email or reply to me directly and I will be happy to send you a picture of what you are ignorant to, as it sit right here on my desk. If not, STFU and crawl back under your rock.
<snip>
Just keep up with those English classes, and concentrate on the spelling part.
I hear the new "Hooked On Phonics" are better than the old course, too.
Keep at it. You have nowhere to go but up. I mean, it's not like you could do any worse than you are doing right now, is it?
Steve