GVWR 3500 MEGA VS QUAD CAB

Page 2 of 2

Auto, specs posted are for 3.73; 4.10 ups your towing to 15050 and gcwr to 23000

That explains it. With the 6 speed and 4.10 it jumps to 19xxxx lbs.

I've been asking this question for over a year and have not heard an explanation that makes sense except perhaps that the mega with short bed is going to have the pin further back than a long bed quad and dodge derates the GVWR to compensate. These trucks are otherwise identical with identical specs when equiped the same, save the 200 pounds additional mega curb weight over the QC long bed. A couple inches is cut off the mega frame end.

Auto, 4.10 provides 15050 towing, 23000gcwr

I find it odd that the rear axle can handle an additional 6,000 lbs but you hit the GVWR by loading 2,675 lbs on it. With only 249 lbs available to the front axle I can see why they don't want a plow on this model. You will likely be over the front axle rating just by putting 4 adults in the cab before you even hook the trailer.
--
Ken

Sounds like some SUV's. Overloaded when empty:)
Al
Maybe it's the Front AWR. If the Mega Cab puts more weight on the front axle, they may have reduced the GVWR to compensate, while maintaining the GCWR since the trailer would only add it's weight to the rear axle. I hope you post the reason once you get and answer.

He's about 2 years old, I've had him for a few months. I don't think he was walked much and maybe even beaten. He's come a looong way since I got him. He used to mask his fear of *everything* by using aggression. Now it's only when we meet other dogs on a walk that he gets aggressive - he now does fine with people, cars, bits of wood, leaves, etc.