HD Dodge chassis

    The HD Dodge is being offered with a 5 speed automatic which is a 545RFE. There's also an option for a 6 speed transmission which
gives no details other than an aux tranny cooler. the gentleman that runs my truck shop just bought one of these trucks with the new Cummins engine and he claims it's got an Allison transmission behind the new B engine. is Chrysler packing an Allison behind these trucks and not advertising it as an Allison because of GM's use of Allisons? or is this something that was fitted aftermarket with the special body for he had installed for towing a 5th wheel camper?????
-

Only when equipped with the standard 5.7L Hemi. When optioned with a Cummins, the choice is between the 68RFE 6spd auto or the G56 6spd manual

Your truck shop guy is mistaken.
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 05:04:16 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

It's an Aisin. Looked at it today when it make it's first trip to work with my boss.
-

Ahhh... you didn't tell us it was a chassis cab - or, maybe more correctly, I didn't associate your thread title 'Dodge chassis' with 'chassis cab model'. :)
At any rate - you now know it isn't an Allison.

I have been hearing this a lot from new Dodge salesmen. They get the word Aisin confused with Allison.

What's more amazing is.. if your ask most dealers today about the equipment under the hood, all they can tell you is "Hemi" or "Cummins" or tell you if it's an SLT. They do not break down new trucks like they did years ago and know their components.
A month ago I picked up an 07 SLT 4.7 automatic. I mentioned to the salesman last week that the bed and the hood need to be realigned with the cab.. His exact words were.. "Nobody's ever made a request like that".. I told him most truck buyers aren't paying attention to those little details.. I happen to be one of those people that do. They're going at adjust it when I bring it back for the first 3K oil change. My bed is left justified to the back of the cab by about half an inch and the hood a quarter inch. Other than those two items and the too soft shocks the truck rocks! It's really amazing how the Ford and Chevy owners go "DUUUDE!! THIS TRUCK IS F'N SWEET!" when they actually get up close and personal with them :))
-