He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Page 5 of 11
I see your showing off your bigotry.

--
Budd Cochran

I don't think that when Jesus said "become a fisher of men" that he ment trolling for rednecks on usenet.
beekeep
Rednecks aren't men?
Oh dear, are you in for it. . . . .
--
Budd Cochran

Ok Budd, please show us exactly what you are correcting here. This is the very preaching that others were complaining about and that you outright denied doing.

"Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote in message
What preaching?
Miles and I were discussing a point about my beliefs as compared to his. I gave some reference information.
--
Budd Cochran

off

Only those that teach from the Bible.

Aw, there ya go speaking for others again. Just gotta do everyone's talking for them, don't ya?
Tom, shut up.

You are correct and exactly what are the ones that are teaching from the Bible doing??? How about PREACHING!!!!

his.
talking
What's the matter Budd, are ya getting upset because I speak the truth. Any way you want to spin it Budd, you were preaching, simple as that. Personally, I don't care if you do or don't but if you claim not to and then flat out do it a few days later Mr. "The Bible teaches", someone is going to call you on it. If you want to preach, go ahead, but don't do it and then claim that you are not and try and cover with some crap about correcting errors when someone asks you to stop. All that does is make you look like a fool and a liar.

Oh my God, according to you a federal offense has been committed, a hate crime even and by you. You are taking away my right of free speech out of hatred. Don't worry Budd, after you are convicted, I'll forgive you.

How many hundreds of times have you insisted in an argument with me that a definition is not fixed? You say I'm preaching and I say I'm not.

No, just the opposite. I'm not upset because what you're saying is a lie.

IN YOUR (incorrect) OPINION.

Well, it had better be someone that knows more about "preaching" than you because what you do in these tirades is preach against me and my beliefs . . unfortunately, you have no scriptures to support your preaching.

Then you coinsider all Christians to be fools and liars, Tom, because I'm following the commandment of Jesus, to go and make disciples of all men ( Matthew 28:18-20)

And how many times have you told me to shut up?
File the charges, Tom. I'll subpoena the Archives . . . .
--
Budd Cochran

just
That is because you just don't want to admit to it but you are really not, please explain exactly what you are doing.

Miles
He clearly said that preaching was not asked for and if I was wrong, he would not hesitate to say so.

It is not my opinion Budd, it is fact. Even when Mac suggested that you use the term IMO, you claimed that if it was just your opinion you would use it but it wasn't which says that you are making your claims as fact and that my friend, is preaching.

going
.
Oh please Budd, just about everyone in the NG has said that you are preaching, including your friends. I am not preaching against you and even said that I don't care if you do it or not as clearly stated above and below this line.

like
LOL, you are spinning so fast that you are spinning yourself. All Christians do not preach and then deny doing it and how exactly do you make deciples out of all men without preaching to them?

of
I have no intention of doing any such thing. I just wanted you to see how silly you were acting before.

?????? You better read this one again, Tom. Either your English is getting worse, or my computer doesn't understand what you write.
But I will explain, again, though you'll continue to say I'm preaching.
If you or anyone else was to quote from any other book, by copy/paste, typing it out, or by paraphrase, you and the others would accept it without comment, unless it was an obvious teasing.
However, if I, a Fundamental Christian, quotes for any NON-PREACHING reason, by any of the previously mentioned methods, from the Holy Bible, I am accused of preaching, AND I am derided, insulted and abused for it.
That is what I'm doing and the results of what happens when I do it.

When you make a comment that derides another's beliefs, expect them to respond defensively. His comment was that he could not accept that God would support the Devil. I was pointing out to him that, according to the Bible, God doesn't want anyone to go to Hell nor does He "support" the Devil. Whoever led Miles to that belief was corrupting what is actually in the Scriptures. I was trying to correct a mistake, again.

First, you are not my friend, YOU decided that a long time ago and I would appreciate you NOT calling me "friend".
Secondly, I will state once more: I WAS NOT PREACHING. If I were to preach to this group, then it would be in a seperate, very long, post. YOU PREACH TO A GROUP AS A WHOLE, NOT TO AN INDIVIDUAL.

Then why are you saying anything, Tom? Clearly, according to what you have written, you don't care one way or another and to jump in, supposedly in Miles's defense shows the opposite . . .or that you are afraid you won't get your licks in.

All Christians are called to spread the Word, to make disciples. If I'm having a cup of coffee with a persn and they ask me what I believe, or we discuss a point of Scripture and he becomes a Christian as a result, then I've accomplished both parts of the commandment without preaching.
That's all I'm doing here.
Be glad I do follow Christ's lead, for a while, at least, the Southern Baptist denomination was buttonholing and preaching to individuals. Like Christ, I respond to the Pharisees also.

But, Tom, I'm not the one being silly. To be silly means you have to act oddly and out of character.
I am being what I am, a Fundamental Christian. You,otoh, are insistent you don't want to be involved in this discussion . . .yet, here you are . . . .

Budd Cochran wrote:

Not true at all. How long have you been here? Just about anything anyone says here is commented on usually to disagree!

Thats because you don't use IMO. You tell others that your beliefs are the only correct ones and anyone who disagrees is wrong. You've admitted you feel your purpose is to try to bring others to believe the way you do. That is preaching.

No, Miles, that's not quite correct, but no sense in discussing. For me it would be whipping a dead horse.

Gee, could that be because I am NOT giving an opinion? Could it be because I am QUOTING or PARAPHRASING? How about this: I'm telling what is actually WRITTEN in the Bible and not some overeducated liberal theologian's fantasy of what should be in the Bible?
You want my opinion? IN MY OPINION, you have some seriously screwed up beliefs that will cost you your chance for Eternal Life. But that's just my opinion based on what you've written as compared to what is written in the Bible.

Miles, I know you are smarter than this. I sure hope you are, anyway.

No, "preaching" is giving a lesson to a group with consent of the group. I know I do not have the consent of the group, as you and others have made clear.
I reply to attacks on my faith, mistakes about the Bible and misinterpretations, like your beliefs about God and the Devil. Whoever taught you that doesn't know the Bible because the Bible doesn't teach that belief. And I do not need anyone's consent to reply if I choose to.
Miles, you're starting to sound like T-bone and others. Fine. Three times I've tried to end this discussion and someone drags it back out, probably just to harass me, but no matter, I done. You just go on and believe what you want and leave me to believe as I do. From now on out, if anyone derides me for anything of a religious nature I write, well, they wasted their time.

Budd Cochran wrote:

Sometimes you do give an exact quote. But you also give your thoughts on what it means. Not everyone agrees with your thoughts but you attempt to drill it into others that your thoughts on what is written in the Bible are the only correct ones. That Budd, is YOUR opinion but you do not state it as such. If you started stating your beliefs as your opinion you would find the arguments against you would diminish. Your views are your opinions...state them as such.

That is fine for you to have that opinion. Thats all it is. Your opinion. You're entitled to that as long as you respect others opinions that may disagree.

Preaching doesn't indicate consent. Thats up to me and others not you. Whether we consent, ask etc. does not magically change the content of your posts after the fact.

Then you are attacking our beliefs. If you feel we are wrong to attack yours then you are very wrong to attack ours. You want respect, then earn it by respecting others.

Then stop deriding others for their beliefs that differ from your own. IT works both ways Budd. Stop telling me I am wrong. I have never told you that you are wrong for your beliefs. That would be preaching. I only state my opinions. Try it.

I know that one... pick me!!
Budd's trolling, T.. and he's an expert... You ever see one of his posts that doesn't become a pissing match??
Mac
It doesn't become a "P" match until someone else posts.
--
Budd Cochran

After more thought, it just hit me about your posts . . . .
If the Bible says anything negative about other religions (although it actually ignores them except for the "Altar to the Unknown God" Paul writes about), then you accuse me of "preaching" . . .yet if you say anything negative about my beliefs, you claim is discussion.
Yep, that's T-boneism thru and thru.
--
Budd Cochran

writes
What are you talking about Budd? What have I said that is negative about your beliefs??

Once again, more baseless accusations.

Another T-boneism. This time the denial part. How far back do you want to go, Tom? You have derided me and my beliefs for a few years now. All my posts, back as far as the archives retain, still are there and still contain your statements.

Once more, a T-boneism.
--
Budd Cochran

Budd Cochran wrote:

Stop telling others they are wrong for their beliefs. I disagree with your beliefs but I do not tell you that you wrong for your beliefs. Huge difference.