He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Page 7 of 11
Budd Cochran wrote:

With regards to religion, there is no correct. There is my view, your view and everyone elses view. Each decides for themselves what is correct and what the best way for them to live their lives. Nobody needs or wants your correcting any more than you do not want them to correct you. Being respectful of others beliefs is how to get out of the mess we're currently in.

Miles, that is your opinion and not what the Bible teaches. There are not many roads to Heaven.

And what about respect for my beliefs? You, and others, insist I respect your beliefs, but damn mine. I'm not the one wanting it both ways. I'm wanting equality to believe as I do, JUST LIKE YOU.
As for correcting misquotes, misinterpretations, well, again, the Bible tells me in 1st Peter to be ready to answer any questions or in any situation and, elsewhere, to defend the Scriptures. That means to correct inaccuracies and misinterpretations.
Besides, would you expect a Roto-Rooter operator to do brain surgery? Apparently, no other Christians in this group care enough to step forward to give corrections. I sure wouldn't believe anything T-bone or theguy have to say on the matter.
Budd

Several have tried to give corrections. You just won't listen to them.
--
Ken

it
I was only given two cheeks and both got bloodied a few times in this group long ago.
Budd

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:47:58 -0600, "Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote:

as beekeep said:
From what I've seen you post lately, my guess is that the only way you're going to get into heaven is if it has padded walls and straight jackets. Even God isn't going to put up with your attitude.
beekeep
if i hadn't been around the past few years i wouldn't believe this. you have literally left the real world and entered firmly onto the ground that is called dementia. it is easy to make fun of you but unfortunately is just too sad to do that anymore. i can only hope that someone close to you gets you help before you embarrass yourself anymore than you have. i don't say this as a joke, i am very serious. i honestly hope that you get some help soon.

I said the same thing a couple of times to no avail the last time we visited this.. One would hope that his family would see these threads. It is kinda like a dry drunk, no more drinking but still hasn't changed the behavior. Couple that with some anger that perhaps is due to some poor decisions that made a mess of things. Religion is something one can hang on to sorta substitute for more destructive things. But I don't see dementia at least not that I'm familiar with. My mother has it big time. What I see is a lot of anger from one who see's himself as the victim and wants attention, coupled with the dry drunk syndrome. Who knows, I'm done being concerned. I took him out of the killfile for a bit to get a feel for what you guy's were up to, man, it is really, really, ill. But it is exactly the same as it was a few months ago, only change is more have spoke up. The lurker bob was nut's on. The only thing that might explain the change that I'm familiar with is a unbalanced med situation. That is for his family to deal with they have to live with him.
Roy
Roy wrote:
(Snipped)

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm glad you spoke up because I didn't.
Bob

Bob, as you have read this is not a group of timid people. Admittedly this is a unusual situation, but one we have been through before. Please, don't hesitate to speak up.
Roy

Yea, there are only a few of us timid people here.

Roy

That would be correct. Thanks for noticing <BFG>

you timid???? sheesh!
--
----------------------------
-Chris

What exactly are ya trying to say?!?!?!?

LOL you know exactly what im saying Tom.
--
----------------------------
-Chris
Budd Cochran wrote:

They defend THEIR beliefs in the Gospel. Not your beliefs.
Budd Cochran wrote:

Bud, this is your opinion and not what me and many others believe. There are many other 'bibles' around the world. For those that hold their own books to be the truth, your book is wrong. It's all opinion. Failing to respect others opinions is a failure in ones self.

Exactly true. We agree on this. I disagree with any religious zealot that tries to tell me I'm wrong about this or that and refuses to accept the same in return.

Not true. You tell us our beliefs are wrong, and we reciprocate just the same about yours. It is a two-way street. Not a one-way.

Not everyone who worships the Bible believes exactly the same as you. Can they correct you? Hell no. You'll just tell them they are wrong and not respect their beliefs.

LOL, you really don't have a clue even though you just said it yourself. A CRIME based on hatred and by your very own statement, if it is not already a CRIME, it cannot be a hate CRIME!!!

No, because you DID post it first. Who else in the group would be spouting that religious stuff but you?

Sure I have and it sadly happens to be the most mis-quoted book of all times. Just look at the likes of Jimmy Swaggert, Robert Tilton, the Bakers and so many other fly by night TV evangelists that got rich using that very book.

And who was the one who did it and what exactly did they post? The answer to who is you.

And when using properly configured quotes from the Bible, the TV evangelists mentioned above got suckers to believe that giving them thousands of dollars that they did not have or could not afford to give would have the lord supply them with riches beyond their wildest dreams. How many times did that actually happen?

I must admit Budd, I do like talking to you, your ignorance makes me laugh.

Now that really depends on who is reading and interpreting it and sorry budd, but what you claim is not backed up by the way you act.

Really???? Care to back that on up either???? Perhaps you should Google it and see the truth. Once you started your religious crap, the only thing I said was that the public school system should not teach any religion at all. That is up to the families to decide what religion if any and the churches of the chosen religion to teach it.

Once again, you are living in the land of denial and you really need to work on that reading comprehension. I was not talking about this last load of crap you got yourself into. I am talking about the way you have been in general for years, especially toward newbie's. The only one spinning here now is you.

Actually Budd, that is what you are accusing us of, LOL!!!

And once again, that would be the denial you live in and your own personal bias. Who are all of these magical invisable people that are in complete agreement with you. Hell Budd, even a lurker appeared (and at your request) to tell you what an idiot you are making out of yourself and even then, you stick your head in the sand and deny it.

Who exactly is "we" Budd and what questions are you talking about or is this just spin to stop from looking like a complete idiot??? Sorry Budd, but it's way to late for that. You made the comparison above now back it up or do us all a favor and shut up.

I have to say Budd, you are really a crackpot. There is a big difference between identity theft and being told to shut up and if you are really this stupid....

How are they my values and yes, these things have been done for love as well as no real feelings at all. Not all crimes are hate crimes and not all hate is a crime.

That is correct because you bias is so strong, it distorts reality for you.

Just more false accusations but if you care to back them up......

More complete crap and bible verse twisting. There is a big difference between actually believing in the bible and just making the claim that you do and no matter what you say, your actions do not back up your claimed belief.

I never claimed to be "everyone's" spokesperson but with what I have read from many others in this NG (and many of them from your friends), I can say that I am for the most part on the same page as they are right now. You can stay in denial if you wish but in reality, it just makes you look even more foolish.

The sad thing here Budd is that you only listen to yourself as well which really does make you look like an idiot. Roy was right, there is no reasoning with you so reply is you wish, I don't care and am done with you in this thread.

beekeep

No, I think you are wrong.
--
Budd Cochran

And just how can I be wrong? I didn't make a statement, I asked a question.
beekeep